Here are
pictures of Ashton out in the field and Dallen up to bat. They are on the same team and it really is a great season (for me!). There team is really young, but each game seems to get better and better. Ashton is the oldest on the team and I think it is really good for him this year. He is playing in-field, mostly, and is doing really well at it. I just remember when I tried to do second base and all the things that went with it were too much for me, so I was put back in the out field and knew I could get the ball to the catcher...that was my job! I am glad he gets it! Their coach is REALLY good in the sense that he doesn't yell at the boys when they do something like swing at balls above their head! Instead he says "great swing...just make sure it's down here". Ashton hit a home run this week and Dallen is great at stealing bases. He got hit with the ball when he got up to bat on the first game and so he is a little scared to bat, so he mostly just stands there and for the most part, he walks! 


Dallen had a really cool little choir concert. He sang with eight other elementary schools at Tuachan. They had an American Celebration. They sang songs as one group and then sang as individual choirs. It was really well done and I feel bad that I didn't know it was such a big deal. I ended up going by myself! I wish I had known more about it. I just figured it was another little choir concert that no one would care to go to. I guess I need to let others determine that for themselves! This picture is to give you an idea of how many kids there were
Okay, not a car, but he did get a bike...We have been trying to get him to see the value of saving money and so we decided that having him save toward a goal would help. The first goal was saving $1,000. He couldn't touch that money until he reached $1,000. In fact, he gave me his last $150 to get there and when I put it in, he was still less $1.33 and I told him he still couldn't have it. So, he gave me $1.33! It was funny. Anyway, he had to spend it on one big thing and he has really been wanting a Mountain Bike and found a nice one for $900 and spent the other $100 on accessories (matching gloves and handle bars...so important!). His next goal is $1,500 and can't touch it until he reaches that goal. It has helped him want to save his money and realized that he doesn't need all the little things that he thought he did. Hopefully this sets him up for a more sucessful life.

1 comment:
Great job on your Eagle, Alec!! I'm glad you're having fun with the baseball season; Cami adores basedball! I need to find some league that she can "play" in. :)
Can't wait to see the Cruise pictures and the A.C. (after cruise) post about the ... joys?... of coming back to reality. hehe
Post a Comment