ALEC GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!! I can't believe I haven't blogged about that yet! Like I said...it's been crazy around here. Alec is going to the Denver Colorado South Mission. He is really excited. I love that the day after his call, he said "I am really excited" and then told us of reasons he was so happy to go to Colorado. I was just in awe as I listened to him say that "it will be one of the prettiest mission in the country" and "I get to speak English" and "even though I'll be away from home, it will still be close, so it won't seem like I'm that far away". I didn't hear one negative thing come out of his mouth. What a blessing for him to have a positive attitude and find the good, especially because this is his choice and I feel he truly knows that the Lord knows him. One friend said, "this will be great because then the people that he baptizes, he will be able to go through the temple with them whether he's home or not. He'll always be close to them". I never thought of that! This friend's son is going to the Denver North mission!
The kids are out of school. Even though their grades don't reflect much, I am proud of the boys. They have not had it easy with all the school switching and having to start over the past few years. Alec and Dallen have probably done the best and Ashton just takes things in stride and Calvin, while fighting things at first, is starting to settle down and look at the good. I was laughing because we were celebrating that Calvin and Ashton got D's in some of their classes because they would have had to take Summer School and would have had to pay for it. So, we were happy for them that they were able to accomplish that! They know they could have done better, but the first half of the year seemed to be dedicated to coming to terms with being here. Alec and Dallen, like I said, did great and had a great year and have made a lot of friends. I don't think I've ever seen Alec so happy with himself and life in general. Such a blessing to a mother! Here are pictures of Alec's graduation...
I love the picture of Alec with me and Scott and Dallen because it was taken by Calvin looking down on us! He's so tall! After graduation, Alec went to Grad night. He said it was the most boring one EVER. They literally went to the community center and ate and talked all night. There were no decorations. There was a little bit of music that Alec said was dumb and someone went and plugged in their ipod and then people started dancing and having fun, but then the music was being dj'ed by the Juniors and Sophomores and they got all mad that the Seniors were trying to take over the music, so they switched it back and then stood by it the rest of the night. Then they had to go home before it was over because they had a city curfew! The Grad Night was basically bribing all the kids to come there and get prizes so they won't go out and get drunk. The later they stay, the more prizes that are offered. It went from 10-3 and Alec said before he went "I'm staying until I win something!". He was so funny about it. Well, it turns out, it paid off because he won a laptop and a printer! He said the whole night, he got nothing and there were others that were getting called all night. They could keep two and if they got called for a third one, then they could trade one of the others. He said that it was literally the last two prizes and he was ready to head home. It was 3 am and it was over and then they called his name! He was so excited and exhausted! He came home and then was up at 6 am!!! That kid and his early morning rising! He's been that was since birth. I think he was too excited about his prize and wanted to play with it because Ashton told me that Alec came in and plugged his nose to wake him up so that Ashton could give him the wi-fi password. Anyway, he's had a good week. He also went to Disneyland on his Senior trip (before graduation). Here are some pictures I snagged off his friend's facebook pages...
They went to Six Flags and Disneyland and home. The whole trip was $280 with hotel, food, park entrances, and travel. I think it was a great deal! I was so glad he got to go.
Dallen won a bike this last week at school. He had been complaining every day that school was pointless for the last week and he didn't want to go. But, I told him he would have plenty of chances to stay home all summer and he needed to go. So, much to his dismay...he went. Then I get a call from a guy in our ward who is a teacher and he said "Your son won a bike and I was going to bring him home with it, but I have to get permission, cause, you know, I just have to do that being a teacher and all." I thought it was so nice of him to do that for us. So, here is Dallen with his new bike!
Then today we decided we would go pick up a couple cats from some friends in our ward. NO ONE spades or neuters their animals here...I think we are the only ones! I saw a sign at the humane society that said "money in to help spay or neuter"...sweet! That's where I'm going soon! Dallen and Ashton are going to pay for theirs to be done and I'll pay for the other one. We were just going to get two and had two, but then our neighbors took the rest of the litter and decided to only keep two and had to get rid of two, so they came to our house, and since they are going to be out door cats and the chances of survival are small right now, we decided to go ahead and get another. It's almost like they are disposable out here...it's weird for me because I get too attached and can't imagine any animal as "disposable" (Scott has no problem!). Anyway, here is a picture of the three we got. They really are cute.
We are all doing really well, though, and feel very blessed. Alec is really ready to leave on his mission and he's really excited to go through the temple. Our nephew, Chris, will be getting married July 19th in the St. George temple and I am so excited because Alec will be able to attend the wedding in the temple. I can't wait for him to see what he will be able to have. I am going to miss him, though. Scott is working hard and getting ready to work on the back yard. We have so many friends here and everyone is so willing to help and give all the advice they have learned. We are so grateful. We are finding our niche here in Taylor and are really loving this experience.
Last but not least, I almost forgot...our first day of Summer and we are in Insta-care with stitches! Ashton went to go wash the van and the hose was tangled near a broken tv and he somehow scraped his hand across the broken glass. I was making a candy lei for Alec's graduation (turned out cute!), and in comes Ashton saying "I think I can either see my tendon or my bone"...WHAT?!? I said, "are you serious?!?" and then he showed me...
yep! He needed stitches! We found out that it was his ligament that he was seeing. He was fascinated by it moving when he moved his fingers. Funny boy. Before we left for the doctor, he said, "mom, we have to take a picture of it!" Made me proud...I have trained them well!!!
Here is a picture of Ashton at the doctors. He wasn't happy that I took his picture, but he's the one that said we had to document this :). This all happened a couple hours before Alec was to graduate and I was kind of freaking out that I was going to miss it! I figured worse case we would get there late and at least Scott would be there. We managed to get there 5 minutes before it started and there was not a seat left in the stands. I was almost in tears, but then our friends found us and squished three of us right next to them and Calvin and Ashton sat on a couple benches below us. It was crazy. Our friends said that usually when they have to come, they are there for other family members (this year their daughter graduated) and they sit in their truck on the other side of the field until it's about over and then walk onto the field like they were in the stands the whole time. I thought that was funny, but it's seriously something to think about next year! They were there an hour and a half early and the stands had blankets EVERYWHERE saving spots. They had to basically take over other people's saved spots and so that made me feel better about showing up 5 minutes before it started because it was just as hard to get a seat an hour and a half earlier! We were grateful they squished us in. It made the graduation that much more enjoyable! Ashton is doing better and will get the stitches out in a week or so. He will be at Scout camp and so I'm not sure how that is going to work, but it will somehow.
Alec and Calvin and Scott have a Priest quorum "Top Shot" activity this week. Three days of shooting all different types of gun and all different types of targets. I'm even told they are going to have some targets that explode when they hit them. They are going to have a real fun time. They are going to a cabin, the bishop's wife is cooking their food and they get to shoot guns the whole time. I told Scott he HAD to take pictures. I'm excited for them. Dallen and Ashton and I will have to make our own fun :). Then next week they are off to Scout camp and the Summer is off to a running start! I'm just glad we aren't moving this Summer....two summers in a row is enough for me for awhile!

.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment