Scott and Alec had their birthdays (August 26th). This is the first time in 19 years that Scott has had the day to himself. We missed blowing out of two sets of candles (Scott's and Alec's), but we did it in spirit :). All Scott wanted for his day was lasagna for dinner and homemade lemon-meringue pie (which I haven't made for years because I never feel I get the meringue just right). I got a banana cream pie, too just because Ashton and I don't care for lemon-meringue. Here is the pie(s) and Scott on his 42nd birthday
Alec, for his birthday, well...I'm not sure what he did all day. He never said (typical Alec), but we had a Sister in his ward (the Bishop's wife) who was just called as Ward Missionary and assigned to make sure the Elders are fed each week for dinner appts and that day, no one had been able to sign up and so she took them to Subway because she had a crazy day and couldn't make them a meal with her family. Then she found out that it was Alec's birthday and felt really bad and wished she had known. I am grateful, though, that she was kind enough to send me pictures of him on his 19th birthday. She'll never know how much I appreciate her doing that! Here is Alec at Subway on his 19th birthday...
For Alec's birthday, I sent him a box filled with balloons that were filled with money and candy as well as brownies he could make for his "cake" and candles. I assume he liked it. He never said :). Then 10 days later...Derrek had his 20th birthday! We are one less teenager! I made sure Derrek's box, like Alec's, was there on time and it came the day before his birthday. His birthday was on transfer day and the mission home said they would try their best to make sure he got the box. Then there is a Sister in Columbus Ohio area that delivers cakes, balloons and goodies to the Missionaries, if their mom lets them know it's their birthday. So, I got brave and texted her and asked and she called me a little later to get details about Derrek. It was really fun talking to her and I now have a new friend :). She is retired, grown kids, and single and so she said it gives her great joy to be able to do this for moms. She was the beneficiary of this act of kindness when her son was serving in the Oklahoma City Mission years ago. After she delivered the goodies to Derrek, that night, she sent pictures and then she called me and was thanking ME for the opportunity to do that for Derrek and how much she benefited and was blessed by the experience. What?!? I couldn't believe she was thanking me! Here are pictures she sent of Derrek...
| This is Tina...the angel! |


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment