Well we started off the week with a death...
We were watching Angel, a golden retriever (pictured below and to the left, with Dallen), and she slept in Dallen and Ashton's room. In there are the gerbils (Lillian and Harriet). Angel loves the gerbils and would sit and watch them for hours. It's pretty funny. Anyway, I heard a loud thud about 4:00 am and just thought that it was Dallen falling off his bunk bed (it happens sometimes), but I didn't hear any crying. I heard another couple of thuds, but since no one yelled for me, I just went back to sleep. In the morning Dallen came in crying and saying that Harriet was dead and Angel killed her. So, I went in the bedroom and they said, "we haven't been able to get Angel out all morning". She was under their bed and wouldn't come out. I couldn't tell if she thought she was in trouble or that she knew something had happened to her little friends. Ashton then proceeded to tell me what happened...The cage fell off the table it was on and the gerbils were loose. Ashton woke up when this happened and tried to get them back in the cage. Amidst the commotion, the gerbil got nipped by Angel (I think because it was dark the gerbil ran up on Angel and it probably freaked her out...who wouldn't be freaked out if a gerbil ran up on you in the middle of the night?!). So, Ashton put them back in the cage, but Harriet didn't make it through the rest of the night. We shed a few tears, flushed her down the toilet and went on with our day. Jenette came and took Lillian because she wanted her to have children...so in about a month we should have bouncing little baby gerbils! This isn't the first gerbil we have had die (obviously by the sentimental laying to rest!), and I am sure it won't be the last...they don't live forever you know!
We were watching Angel, a golden retriever (pictured below and to the left, with Dallen), and she slept in Dallen and Ashton's room. In there are the gerbils (Lillian and Harriet). Angel loves the gerbils and would sit and watch them for hours. It's pretty funny. Anyway, I heard a loud thud about 4:00 am and just thought that it was Dallen falling off his bunk bed (it happens sometimes), but I didn't hear any crying. I heard another couple of thuds, but since no one yelled for me, I just went back to sleep. In the morning Dallen came in crying and saying that Harriet was dead and Angel killed her. So, I went in the bedroom and they said, "we haven't been able to get Angel out all morning". She was under their bed and wouldn't come out. I couldn't tell if she thought she was in trouble or that she knew something had happened to her little friends. Ashton then proceeded to tell me what happened...The cage fell off the table it was on and the gerbils were loose. Ashton woke up when this happened and tried to get them back in the cage. Amidst the commotion, the gerbil got nipped by Angel (I think because it was dark the gerbil ran up on Angel and it probably freaked her out...who wouldn't be freaked out if a gerbil ran up on you in the middle of the night?!). So, Ashton put them back in the cage, but Harriet didn't make it through the rest of the night. We shed a few tears, flushed her down the toilet and went on with our day. Jenette came and took Lillian because she wanted her to have children...so in about a month we should have bouncing little baby gerbils! This isn't the first gerbil we have had die (obviously by the sentimental laying to rest!), and I am sure it won't be the last...they don't live forever you know!
Dallen did dinosaur camp this week. For those of you who live in St. George, it is highly recommended. Dallen loved it and I couldn't get him to leave...every day it was a struggle. The first day he "excavated" chocolate chips from a cookie, and whoever was able to get the most, got a prize. Dallen said he got 36 choc. chips. They made fossils and put together dinosaur things and talked to a paleontologist. He was in heaven. The rest of the kids went to the skate park (with their helmets) and Derrek learned how to "drop in". After Ashton learned, he just couldn't stand it anymore. This video attached is of him working the half pipe in our backyard.
Then at end the week...Dallen comes home, almost out of breath..."MOM! I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST SNAKE!". He has finally entered the Boy H
all of Fame! This actually is a common occurance in our house and so we always have a cage on hand for whatever critter gets brought to our home. This is a picture of Dallen with his snake. He's so proud of it. I just love having boys.
Then at end the week...Dallen comes home, almost out of breath..."MOM! I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST SNAKE!". He has finally entered the Boy H
I think that was all the excitement. Scott and I saw Mamma Mia! Scott really didn't care about ABBA music (I love it) before we saw the movie, but he loved the movie and the music. It was done well and I was impressed how they could incorporate the music. It was fun, and it was a fun crowd that we saw it with. I heard it was cleaner than the play, which is good. So...if you are in the mood for something like that, go see it.


5 comments:
Ahhhh!!! A SNAKE!?!?!? Okay - if my kid brought one home I'd be screaming like a sissy girl (wait... I AM a girl!) Yeah for Derrek! I want to go to Dinosaur camp too! Especially if there will be more chocolate chip cookies. :) How could Scott not care about ABBA, how many of their songs did Erasure do covers for!?!?! COME ON!!! Thanks for the update! I'm SO SO SO GLAD you are doing a blog!
Um, I'm glad you're the mom with the boys that like snakes, and not me! *shiver*
Dinosaur camp sounds like fun!
Poor Harriet, but now she's in hammy heaven.
I want to see Mamma Mia, it looks really good.
Sheila
Yea Boys!!! I love it! Wish we were there!
BTW I am SOOO excited about your weekly recipe... WOOO HOOO!!! mmmm good food!
Dinosaur camp sounds awesome. My little brother once wanted to be a paleontologist - I was amazed he could even pronounce it at the time! The snake is ... wow ... you're awesome, Amy. In his hand is one thing, but on the carpet would freak me out. I love the recipe and "story" for the week on your blog. And your new pictures are great!!!
Post a Comment