Sorry I didn't write last week. I was cranky and had nothing nice to say about our week. Scott had been gone all week to Montana for a "Builder 20" meeting (where builders from across the nation are put into groups of ten or so to help each other better their businesses, among other things). By Sunday, I was tired and didn't want to think about the kids or anything for that matter! Here is Dallen with one of his many catches. He would just carry the butterfly around the house like that. Every now and then it would just fly away, and then we would re-catch it later. It was pretty funny.
We just got through parent/teacher conferences. I don't understand why it is the same thing every year...how do I get my kids (one in particular) to change their habits? I have one that his grades in his classes were either an A or an F...depending on whether or not he wanted to do it. It is frustrating! It wears me out! Derrek and Calvin are steady with their studies. They get it done early and know what needs to be done and just do it. They have always been that way. As for the other three...ARGH! I blame Scott :).
We have taken on a construction final clean job. We have basically 34 apartments and a clubhouse to be cleaned. We are trying to help the boys earn money for their National Scout Jamboree that they are going to attend in July 2010. We are seriously squeezing it in our free time.
We went to go and get Derrek his permit this week. I had a window of about an hour and a half to do it. So, we got there, and as we were getting out of the car, I realized I had forgotten his birth certificate! We had to go back home (it is a 20 minute drive to get there), and we weren't able to do it this week. He was so mad at me and wouldn't talk to me the whole day. I don't blame him really. So, hopefully tomorrow we will be able to accomplish getting him his permit.
We get to go to Disneyland this week and are so excited to be able to go. I won't be posting anything next Sunday because we will still be in California, but I will the next week. It is my birthday on Friday, and so what better place to spend a birthday? Can I eat with the Princesses? That would be fun!
Football is still going great. Calvin was proud of himself this last game (that they won) because he made one of the biggest kids on the other team cry! It's a little disturbing how much enjoyment he gets out of that!
Well...until we get back from Disneyland...

4 comments:
I love the picture! Cady's my bug lover, she thinks the picture is cool too :o)
I haven't been to Disneyland since my honeymoon. One of these first years we need to go. Have a great trip, and I hope you get to eat with the princesses!
Sheila
I love Ashton's teacher! If only we could get the rest of the teachers to do that sort of thing. It would assist me greatly in what I'm working at teaching at home. I hear ya on the nothing nice to say sometimes. I figured it was either that or you were just too busy! That's funny that You've never heard Zoie talk so much. We honestly have to tell her to can it sometimes because she talks SOOO much! I don't blame Derick either....but tellhim to get used to disapointment and how to deal with it. You won't be the only person to do it. Tell him "your welcome" for the learning experience! ;) Have fun in DL!!!! You guys need to save up and make sure you come with us NEXT October for Jason's cancer cured party! Love you guys! Be safe!
Gotta love parent/teacher conferences! We have the same struggle with our oldest -- it's either A's or F's. Luckily though, her teachers have really stressed the importance of parents not bailing out the kids, so I blame it on the teachers when I won't sign her reading report cuz she didn't read all week! It's been really good for her, she only had a D on one assignment! Cross your fingers! We are SO jealous about DL -- have FUN! Don't forget Turtle Talk, and Tower of Terror!!! Love you!
I'm having the same problem with my oldest. I don't know though if it just whether or not he wants to do it or if it's really too much for him... ugh, the joys of being a parent. Yea Disneyland!!! Have some extra fun for us!!! Love you and Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment