Wow! Another eventful week. Derrek had his 15th birthday this week. He is really maturing into an amazing young man. We were watching home movies today, ones that we haven't been able to view for a long time because we didn't have an adapter, but I bought a new one. In the videos, he was still leader of the pack, but it was all about him, and as I watch him now, it seems to be changing into seeing other people. Yesterday, he knew I would be gone most of the day and the house was a pit, and while Scott was taking a nap, he and Alec decided to start cleaning up. That is huge in our house. Anyway, for his birthday, we went to my mom's for pizza, pie, and a swim. He just wanted to be around family, and then Scott took him home and stopped in a BIG, VACCANT, parking lot to practice his first real chance at driving. We are going to California at the end of this month and he asked today if he could drive down there if he got his permit before we went down! I am really not sure I am ready for this. Anyway...I have control issues, and I am thinking this is really going to help me get over them quickly! Sorry there aren't any pictures...they are on another camera that has to be downloaded on Scott's work computer! Anyway...
It was also Calvin's first football game. In the clip below, he is #95 (on the line). He told me he wasn't hitting hard because he was very tired. Anyway, it is a good video. His team won, 30 to 0. He LOVES it though, and I am excited for him. Scott even enjoyed the game, and he is not the biggest fan of sports, so for him to say that...it must have been a great game!
I just have to toot my own horn today. Scott and I have been learning sign language because our ward is paired with the Deaf branch in our stake. So, we have been taking a class during Sunday School. Today the teacher taught us how to bear our testimonies and then challenged us to bear them in sign language during their Sacrament meeting, which was right after our block. So, I did! It was definitely short, but I was excited I could do it. She bribed us with her blue ribbon cookies! That's all it took :) I still cried, because I cry whenever I bear it anyway, but I was grateful for the challenge. It has been a great experience. So...toot, toot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
30 to zero!! Is a slaughter like that even fair?!? (hee,hee) That's awesome!
Derrek Driving. That'll take me a while to digest. ;)
Wow...never thought I'd be excited to see Snow Canyon win ;)! Guess we have to change who we root for again!!
I agree...Derrek driving...scary! Just because that makes me feel really old. I can still remember driving up north to see him when he was born (tear).
And that's awesome that you had the guts (and knowledge) to bear your testimony in sign language! How cool is that?!?
That's awesome you were able to bear your testimony in sign language! I know a little from working with Spencer, but that's about it! That's neat they are teaching it.
I can't believe Derrek is old enough to drive. It's funny to think my oldest is the same age as your youngest!
That's just what you needed....another way to bear your testimony so the rest of us could understand and not just the dogs! ;) I wish I had been there. That is awesome. Sign Language is near and dear to me. So cool!
Yea Bowlers!!! What a week! Whoot Whoot! Calvin's awesome... Derrek is WAY too old (and so am I) and Amy you are and always have been my hero. Woo Hoo!
Scott taught me "soda pop" when we were in Phoenix and it was so much fun I had to come home and teach it to the kids, I've wanted to take a class for so long but never have... someday...
Love you guys!!!
toot toot to you! good job.
Post a Comment