As you can see...we had a couple of birthdays this week. Thanks goodness they are on the same day! Scott and Alec had their birthdays. Scott turned 37 and Alec is now 14. We tried to make it special. We started the day out by opening presents. The kids bought Scott a present..."UGLY PILLS". They thought it was the funniest thing in the world. They spent their own money on it and wrapped it up for him. They were almost jumping out of their skin to give it to him. On the side of the bottle, it gives directions and part of it said, "two words...PAPER BAG". Alec got three pairs of shorts and two shirts. He didn't think I could pick things out for him, but I didn't do too bad. Sunwest took Scott to lunch (that he was late to), and Alec got extra money for his school lunch. We went to Jumpin' Jacks, where they have all these bounce houses set up in a warehouse and you pay money to go play on them all. The kids love it. I actually fell asleep on Scott's shoulder for about a half an hour. We came back to the house and had some cheesecake and sherbert ice cream. This week is Derrek's birthday. He's a little excited.
This week was also my first PTA "assignment" for the teachers. It was S. E. P. week (basically parent/teacher conferences and the kids are out early) and it is also the end of the month and so I had to do birthdays. My job was basically to "spoil" the teachers. They needed snacks or food or something like that so they could take it to their room and have it there to eat in between the parents coming. I couldn't pick just one snack, so I loaded up a basket full of different snacks (granola bars, fruit leather, ritz bits, etc.). I just set it on the table each day and would go and pick up the empty basket the next morning to be re-filled. Thank goodness for Costco. It worked out. Then on Thursday, I took in a cake (from Costco, of course), and eleven goody bags full of a "movie night" (popcorn, Hollywood Video gift card, and candy) and handed those out to those who had a birthday this last month. Then an hour and a half later, when I went to take the basket of goodies in for the SEP's, the cake was GONE! I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I made it through and don't have S. E. P.'s until November.
Saturday rounded out this week nicely. The three older boys went with their Scout group and hiked the Narrows in Zions National Park. They had a blast. I went to work at the temple, and came home to Scott mopping the kitchen floor. He and Dallen and Ashton cleaned the whole house except the older three kids' bedrooms and the two bathrooms. What a treat! All I had to worry about was laundry, so I grabbed the book "Twilight" (because I have been told I must read it), and started it. I had about three or four hours to just sit and read. It was great. Those moments are rare for me. It's a good book and easy to read. I am pretty sure I am like the last person to read it. Oh well...

5 comments:
Happy b-day to all! Sorry, I'm the bad aunt that isn't sending this this yr because once you forget one...! I'll start again next yr!
Love that you're reading Twilight! Have getting sucked in and fun feeling like a little teenager again :)!!
Seriously Amy, is the creature life what I get to look forward to...I can't handle the snakes! Nor any other critters for that matter! You know me!!! I guess the Lord gives you nothing you can't handle, right? Have fun with Twilight! It's fun to live the teenage romance life again!!!
It sounds like the teachers at the school are pretty hungry! Those Costco cakes are big too. Isn't Costco wonderful?!
The first 3 Twilight books were ok, didn't care for the 4th. Her other book, the Host, in my opinion, was better.
I seriously hope Spencer doesn't like reptiles when he's older. And I'm glad you are unphased by such creatures since you see them regularly :o)
I was looking at college pictures the other. It's hard to believe it was so long ago, and it's sad that DT is gone.
Sheila
And happy birthday to your birthday boys/men!
Birthday season and your first PTO week with tons of shopping and gifts, it sounds like. Whew, what a long week. It sounds like it was successful, in all aspects! :) You said you "work" at the temple. When did you start doing that?!?!?
Post a Comment