This is the only picture of Ruth I could find on this newer computer. She is with Kathie (and her husband/kids) and Jennie, Scott's sisters at their favorite place...Disneyland! I have found myself in much reflection over the past week, since we have found out that Scott's mom has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer. I find myself happy and sad at the same time. I am sad, for the obvious, that Ruth has to go through this and the chances of her returning to our Heavenly Father are great. But, I find happiness in the thought that she gets to go. I guess it was a good thing that I saw "Saturday's Warrior", no matter how cheesy it seems, it still has truth in it and hope. It also reminds me that the Lord watches over us and allows us to always be connected with our families. It has been interesting to see that even though we are sad by the news, there are constant "tender mercies" that the Lord gives to us. The kids and Scott and I have been in awe that we could feel peace in times of sorrow. Our frustrations of "not mom!" have changed to understanding and peace. We are excited that we get to go to Disneyland in September with her (a tender mercy). I know that there is a bigger picture here and even though I do not understand it at times, it always works out for the best. This has pretty much consumed our week. Scott is in Phoenix this weekend with his siblings and parents. What a great experience and memory. I heard a talk yesterday about wasting our time, and how we don't know when we will leave this earth, but that we have about 72 hours per week to put our time to work so that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I have reflected on what I have been doing and found that there is always room for improvement and thank goodness I have time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for the good post. I'm glad Scott & Kent & Mike & Wendy could come down. I had a great time with Scott & Kent riding down to the temple. I got to punch him in the arm a couple times. That was fun. :) Love you tons and hope we can see you soon! And I'm SUPER excited for your guys trip to DL! So the kids know about it??
Thanks for sharing something so personal and close to your heart. Scott and his family are in our prayers!
I am so sad for you, Scott and the boys. I know how much you love Ruth. I can also feel the peace you are speaking of. Way to take it on!!! You guys are in my prayers! Love you tons!!!! :)
You've got a good perspective on things Amy. We lost Paul's mom a year and a half after we got married, and it was really rough. I think it was hard because his sisters were only 12 and 13. It's a difficult time, but you really do feel the tender mercies. Paul and I felt from the very beginning she was going to go, quickly. And she did, 4 months. We were sad, but we felt a lot of comfort, and so much peace. We knew it truly was her time to go, and we had time to say goodbye. We miss her, but how thankful we are for the gospel and the knowledge we have.
I wish your family lots of peace and comfort, and good memories.
Sheila
Post a Comment