I am pretty sure I have a couple of kids that are going to die before school starts. Not from me! What kind of mother do you think I am! The anxiety that they are feeling from starting school is enough to kill them. I went and bought wood and stuff for Alec to make a dog house. The poor boy needs something productive to keep his mind off school. We got their schedules on Wednesday and I about died...Derrek and Alec have the same math class. The poor teacher. Let's just say that they feed off one another, and I just pray that the teacher will survive this year! Derrek goes to seminary and he is excited because he has our bishop as his teacher. I really think this is a blessing for Derrek. It's not easy to go to seminary, but our bishop has a way with kids and he gets the boys to listen to him at church, and I am sure that will carry over to the seminary. Calvin starts football Tuesday. He has been wearing his gear around. It is pretty funny, but I told him I wouldn't post any pictures...yet! Ashton got the one teacher that I haven't heard anything good about, so we'll see how this goes. She is really mean (so people say), but the way people parent now days, I could see how being stern is translated into being mean. Dallen...well, let's just hope that he won't run away from this teacher!
These pictures are what the boys work on when they are bored. Alec doesn't want to spend money on tech deck ramps, so he decided to make his own "park". And these are Lego creations that Derrek and Alec did. Alec's is the "fatter" ship and Derrek's is the other one. They are both great at creating.
Derrek got back from Timberline this week. All day, yesterday, he just kept thanking us for sending him. They are starting meetings for their Scout Jamboree in 2010. They get to see historical and church sites while they are there. It is definitely an opportunity we couldn't pass up. All but Dallen get to go. We'll have to plan something special for Dallen. The boys will be gone for 3 weeks!
I just signed up to do teacher appreciation this next school year for the PTA. I am pretty sure that I am not sure what I have gotten myself into. Let's just say, that it is a big deal considering my budget is $2,100.00 for the year! I didn't even know the PTA had that much money! So, any ideas on birthday gifts or appreciation gifts, let me know. Any input is welcomed.
I went and saw Saturday's Warrior and The White Star. They were celebrating the fact that it has been 35 years since Saturday's Warrior was first done. They have written a continuing story called The White Star, and the music is by Janic Kapp Perry (one of my favorites), and written by Doug Stewart, who wrote Saturday's Warrior. It was pretty good. I am probably the wrong person to give any critique because I am not a huge fan of theatre. But, it was well done and the acting was decent. If you loved Saturday's Warrior, then you will love The White Star. I just was never a huge fan of Saturday's Warrior. I know that is blasphamy...but, it's true.

6 comments:
Hope all boys adjust well to a new school year. Crazy all of the kids (yours and all ours here in Phx.) start on the same day.
Heidi, her girls, mom & us and Meg are going to see Saturdays Warriors & White Star on Saturday night! Kaelie Pellegrini is one of the kids in it.
Love and miss you!
Oh, and woo hoo on the new jell-o recipe... though I'm not sure how Bowler's will feel about putting anything other than fruit into it. :) And super funny about the boys playing two-fer flinching. Jeff and Paul were into doorknob for a while. That wasn't fun.
Sounds like a full year ahead of you!! Good luck with your Teacher Appreciation stuff. I guess a few homemade cards won't do, eh? ; ) I hope all the boys do well with their teachers. Teachers can make a WORLD of difference.
I've had that pretzel jello recipe, the sweet and salty together are just too good!
I'm not overly fond of Saturday's Warrior myself. The cheese factor is just too much for me. But we do watch it periodically and laugh at the styles and acting.
The Scout Jamboree 2010 sounds awesome, they will have a blast.
Cool Lego creations, Cady has some, but never plays with them, I guess it's more of a boy thing.
Sheila
Yeah...I finally got my computer to cooperate! That is so cute...i think it's cute...about Alec. And that's awesome about Derricks seminary teacher. I can only imagine about the football gear....we are only making paper masks and taping them to our face.;)
Dallen ran away from his teacher?!?
Post a Comment