Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Shy...

Ashton has always been our quiet one. Last year, on Christmas eve, we went to a Chinese restaurant because we didn't want the kids to see what was in the backyard (half-pipe and trampoline). We got done and came home for a little Family Home Evening about Christmas and looked around and realized that Ashton wasn't with us. In a panic, we called the restaurant and Ashton was just waiting there in the front for us (we're saving for therapy on that one!). He is always so quiet, especially in public. Anyway, the reason I bring that up is because he had a concert this last week and in one of the songs he was the "announcer". He had no problem getting up in front of people. I would show that video, but it is really long! Here are videos of him playing the drum and violin in the same concert. For the drum group, he signed up to be in that, but the violin group, he was picked (as well as the others that played) out of all the fourth and fifth graders to play. That means he is one of the better ones. We love seeing him "blossom", for lack of a more manly word! Anyway...that is all for this week. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

You forgot one of your kids?! lol I can't sympathize, it's not hard to keep track of just two. I can see with 5 boys though, it'd be easy to accidentally miss one. Your boys are cute and seem like a lot of fun. I doubt there are many dull moments in your life now!

Julianne said...

I love the musical opportunitie your kids have at school! That's great! Ashton's got rhythm!

Mike and Debbie said...

I am totally impressed Ashton! That is so great and I agree with Julianne... you definitely have some rhythm!

Too funny about leaving him behind! I guess I missed that part of the story before! Hilarious!

Laura said...

That's so cool! I didn't know he was playing the violin.

That reminds me of me - the 4th one who was often overlooked but who amazed the family every now and then by breaking out of the shy mode. haha.

Todd and Wendy said...

Ashton you are a ROCK STAR!!! Yea! I wouldn't worry too much about the therapy, I was left at a gas station in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing wrong with me ;o) Woo hoo!