Sorry once again for the "no post" last week. I am first counselor in the Relief Society and the President had fallen and really hurt herself, and so I had to take over all her responsibilities. So, I was out doing food orders and meetings and other things that she gets to do. This Sunday is a little more quiet, even though she is still not able to come. Hopefully next week she will be back and all will be back to whatever normal is...
Halloween was fun. We ate soup/chili at Rod's and then went trick-or-treating around his neighborhood. I noticed that with bigger houses, you have further to walk, than in my neighborhood where the houses are small and as soon as you take a couple steps, you are at the next house. It wears the kids out faster and they get less candy! Dallen and Ashton are the only ones allowed to trick-or-treat. I have issues with teeager coming to the door in their low voices "trick-or-treat". So, after the boys enter Young Men's, they get to find other activities on Halloween. Calvin had a friend that did a spook ally in his backyard, and so Calvin went and helped him scare little kids. Derrek and Alec wanted to hang out with all the adults at Rod's. Derrek had a party he could have gone to, but he just didn't feel like it. Ashton's costume started out a Ninja, but then he kept adding to it. This is the final product. After the third house, he was done with the mask, but kept the hands and feet.
I do have a cool story, though. Tuesday (I think), we were in a hurry in the morning and Ashton needed to get to school because he does Safety Patrol and I couldn't get him there on time. So, I went against my better judgement and let him borrow Derrek's $300 bike. He got done with Saftey Patrol after school (it takes about a half hour after school gets out), and went to get the bike and it was gone. He, of course, didn't tell anyone. So, we are getting home for the evening and Derrek is walking through the garage and says, "Where's my bike?". Panic went through me and I said, "Yeah, Ashton, where is Derrek's bike?". He quietly said "it got stolen". I was sick. Derrek handled it REALLY well and just said, "Mom, it's OK". I was freaking. Anyway, we said prayers and went to bed. The next day, we got ready, got the first shift going and sent Calvin off to the bus stop. About 10 minutes later, Calvin walks in with Derrek's bike. We were in SHOCK. We have never been able to find a bike after it has been stolen. Calvin said that he had prayed about it in his morning prayers and on his way to the bus stop, he saw out of the corner of his eye bike pegs in an ally. Calvin said he never goes into that ally because there is usually someone there doing drugs or something, but there was no one there that morning. So, he went down the ally and looked and there was Derrek's bike. So, he just took it back. He and I talked about it and realized that it's those little "practices" we get on listening to the Spirit. He was happy about the experience and I think he realized what really happened. Anyway, we were glad to get the bike back and the school was notified because they have people there to prevent this. I just thought it was a great experience.
Well, have a great week...we are getting rained on and it is finally cold today.

4 comments:
That is an awesome story, I can't believe Calvin found the bike. What are the odds of that? A very neat experience for him, and a good example of having our prayers answered.
Yeah for answered prayers... glad that worked out and that you guys had a fun Halloween! See you in a couple weeks!
great story.
What an AMAZING answers to prayers! I don't know of ANYONE whose gotten a stolen bike back. That's just so amazing!!! I think it's especially remarkable that Calvin found it - not even Ashton or Derrek. Cool story to remember for years to come!!
Post a Comment