Sunday, November 23, 2008

I love my husband!







This week has been pretty crazy. The reason I say, "I love my husband" because he can't do anything small. I keep telling him that he can do quality without the quantity. The Southern Utah Home Builders Associations (SUHBA) is putting on their first "Gingerbread Parade of Homes" trying to raise money for Habitat For Humanity. So, they gave Scott (as well as the other builders that are participating) a boxed gingerbread house kit. So, then he started showing me his ideas and I said, "Um...we can't get that house from that box", because the houses that he wanted to do were big and intricate. So...I knew where this was going. There was no talking him out of doing something big...I just didn't know how big he was going to go. Mind you...this is our FIRST gingerbread house we have ever done. I don't like sounding non-supportive, but I knew what a big project he was getting himself into and he really has thought that it would only take him like four days...Well, the four days have come and gone and it still isn't close to being done! Well...to continue the story...Scott called our architect and asked if he had designed a house that would be great for a gingerbread house. The one he sent him is being built in Spanish Fork canyon (I think) and so he sent Scott the plans and everything. Our gingerbread house has PLANS! Then, as he has been putting it together, he has been using the table saw, chop saw, and our framer for ideas. Alec has been helping him make the 25 batches of gingerbread (yes, our house smells good!). I did rice krispy treats, and it has worked out pretty good. It actually has been pretty interesting to watch him work and come up with ways of tackling the problems. This has been great for his brain...keeps it busy and out of trouble! Anyway, he is truly talented and it's funny because I do these same kind of projects and so I know why he does them. So, here are some pictures. We don't have it done yet, but we be done in a week and a half (it is due on the 2nd of Dec.). Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving...we'll be in Phoenix and we are so excited!

5 comments:

Wilson Family said...

That is SO awesome! A true Bowler! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for the post, Amy!

Kathie said...

Wow!!!! That's awesome! Is he even going to make those sloped roofs? I can't wait to see it finished. So how does the fundraiser go? People bid to buy them or what? Can't wait to see you guys!

Mike and Debbie said...

Dang, and I thought I was intense when it came to art projects!! I love it!!

The Johnsons said...

Wow, I'm speechless! That is just incredible. I can't believe he had the nerve to try that, I'd be trembling with fear!

The house in SF canyon is unreal too, it looks like a fairy tale castle. Wow.

Please put pictures up when it's finished. I'm sure it will be magnificent.

Anonymous said...

HOLY S*%#! Good night Scott....! I don't know if I should be impressed or really think you are certifiable! ;) I guess it's the same as having to clean the whole house in one day or HAVING to have so many balloons at a function! So if you're certifiable....so am I! Whoo-Hoo!!! Love you guys! I can't wait to see the finished product!