Sunday, November 16, 2008

I need at least one more set of hands!




Last Sunday I was somber because I realized I had a VERY full week ahead and was really freaking out because I knew that I couldn't do it all, but felt that I had to. Scott could see that I was not my normal self and told me to list everything I had to do. When he saw the list, he realized why I was stressing. So, he automatically crossed off things that he was willing to do to help. It started with making dinner every night and two other big things...taking the kids shopping and cutting all the card pieces for 168 cards for Enrichment night (the cards are shown above because I wanted to show how cute they are!). We then worked on how the rest was to be accomplished, and it ended up a really good, productive, week. I must say, though, I think the kids ate more when he cooked than when I cooked. And...I really could get used to him doing more cooking. Needless to say, he collapsed yesterday and is ready for the break. But, I am so grateful that he was willing to help.

On top of all that, Scott and I teamed up and taught our Sunday School lesson in total Sign Language! It was nerve-racking and VERY simple, but we did it and it was a great experience. We only have a few more lessons with this class and we are thinking of joining the Deaf Branch for their Sunday School...no interpreters! A lot of the people know who we are, and so I am sure they will be gentle on us! We do temple sessions with the Deaf Branch and so we are learning so much. It is really a cool experience.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Those are really beautiful cards!! I love the papers. What an awesome husband to help out so much. If the kids eat better, I'd try and get Scott to cook more too! :)

Hope this week turns out a little easier. See you ... soon!

The Johnsons said...

The cards are just gorgeous, what a great Enrichment night activity. I've been so horrible about Christmas cards, it's been years since I've gotten my act together in time to send any. Maybe this year....!

I'm so impressed that you guys have learned that much sign language. We learned some with Spencer, but I think it's fascinating, and would love to learn more.

Sheila

Kathie said...

Ugh - sounds my impending week, but Paul's in Vegas for a convention until Tuesday night. :( It'll all be okay though. CUTE CARDS and way to go Scott for being such a good hubby. Love you guys, can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are ROCK STARS!!!! I'm sooo impressed with the signing! And kudos to Scott for stepping up! Don't feel bad. Jason will throw whatever is in the fridge into a skillet, tell them he called it this on his mission and the kids DEVOUR it! Those dads!!!! FYI, you are always soo good at the cards! Love you!