Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Grand Prize!

Well, we finished...last night at around 10:30. It went smooth and we were able to transport it just fine. That was one of our biggest worries. There was no competition, though. There were four others and there was some imagination, but I knew that people would not take it as far as Scott did. I sure wouldn't have! But, we both can't believe that we all did it. Rod and Mary and my parents came over to help put all the candy on and do the "landscaping". I think my dad really liked tinkering with it. We had all the old cake decorating stuff out and it is always fun to play with (for those of you who don't know, my dad had this cake decorating kit that I think was given to him by an aunt of his that decorated cakes and then he passed it on to me...it's something we like to do on the side, sometimes. All my brothers and sisters tinker with cakes as well. It is fun!). Ashton thought of the trees, and everyone had their little input. It was great and I am so glad the others from "Sunwest Development" were able to help us, even if they couldn't believe that Scott would take it this far! Anyway, we were able to raise a good chunk of money for Habitat for Humanity and we are proud of that. They called the owners of the original house and were trying to get them to bid, but I never heard the outcome. The pictures my dad took are way better, but I did this little video so that you could kind of see the whole thing. It isn't the best and you get to hear some great conversation!

We had a great time in Phoenix for Thanksgiving. I don't know who did it, but they set up the primary room, at the church of my sister-in-law, like a family room. They brought in the couches and chairs from the two foyers and then had tables and chairs for games, puzzles, etc. It was really cozy, I thought. The adults hung out there most of the time, and the kids made a play and watched movies, and played. We ate in the Relief Society Room and it almost looked like a Ward Dinner! We have a lot of mouths to feed. Scott and John (Scott's brother) made up the game "Human Foosball". So, imagine a foosball table and blow it up to real people on the basketball court in the church. They had a great time. Had to work some of that turkey off!

It was mine and Scott's 16th wedding anniversary the day after Thanksgiving. We always go all out to celebrate our anniversary. We went and saw a bad movie and ate dinner at our favorite spot! This year though, we decided to mix things up a bit and NOT take a trip to Wal-mart...even if it was Black Friday. We saw "Four Christmas'" and it had potential, but bombed in our opinion. We went and ate at Outback, and that really is one of our favorite places.

Well, on to cleaning up the gingerbread mess and on with bringing out all the Christmas Decorations. I love this time of year. Hope everyone has a great week.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is out of control gorgeous!!! I can't believe how detailed it is! I wish the owner's HAD been contacted. They would've been honored by the wonderful replica. Nice job!!!

brit said...

wow, you totally wowed me! good job scott (and company!)

Anonymous said...

WOW. You are a Rockstar!!! Seriously! Way to do your best. Your boys will always know that about you. What a great example!!!!

The Johnsons said...

Oh my gosh, that is crazy good! I can't believe you guys made that. Unbelievable! And so awesome, I'm sure it took an insane amount of time, but what a cool thing to do.