Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back into the swing...

I found this picture on my sister-in-law's website...this is so Alec. He is just a goof! This morning he just goes around squaking and chasing Shep, Dallen, whomever...and then when he is done with that, he just finds other entertainment. I really can't ever see him bored! He definitely makes this house lively!

I don't know what it is, but getting back to a schedule is hard...but nice at the same time. This week was calm for the most part. Scott and I went to a "Family Focus Specatcular" last night. It had four "classes" that you choose to go to and learn different subjects. My brother, Geoff, was one of the guest speakers. He speaks about pornography and addictions. I have heard him speak before and he does an excellent job. We selfishly chose to go to different classes because we were looking for other things to learn about. It was good. We learned about money management from Hyrum Smith, and about strengthening our marriage from Doug Brinley, and then about parenting from Mark Ogletree. They were all really good and informative. We got brave and sat with the Deaf people and actually managed to make some conversation. I think the reason it is so scary to me is because I don't know what to say. I don't know what to say to people in normal situations, and then to throw sign language into it...well, it's just scary. The ones we talked to were great and I, personally, look forward to more.

The kids just informed me this morning that we have some neighbors complaining about the half-pipe. It is getting used a lot more, so I am not surprised. Supposedly we will probably be seeing the cops soon. Oh, well...whatever happens, happens. The kids are only allowed to do it when it is light and not any time before 10:00 am. But, I guess that isn't enough for this one neighbor. I am surprised that this hasn't happened before. Of course, it is getting used a lot more. Well...we'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should take your neighbor a snack...bread, and a thank you note saying how you appreciate his patience with teenagers...having been one before! ;) Nipping in the but..bud?! I always like to make premptive strikes! Give Alec a big hug for me! Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

haha i remember when me and charity took those pictures.. lol. thats was a fun day. =-) there are a lot more of them, we have all the pictures from the day at the zoo. hehe lol

Laura said...

The police?!?!? That's a bit overboard. They're playing in YOUR backyard during reasonable hours! What's the big complaint? Lame.

Anonymous said...

Alec is sooo funny!!! He can make even the stupid and most random things hilarious!! Charity, Derrek, Alec, and me all had soo much fun at the zoo that day!!! So many memories. =-) lol. Love you guys!! PEACE OUT