
I was talking with some friends at church (one of them is named Amy) and she had mentioned that she was just glad that it was finally February. I thought about it and realized that it just seemed like January dragged on. Now the year seems to be moving!
We have excitement in the air around our house. Ashton turns 11 on Wednesday. He is so excited and keeps asking me to get him brick master from Lego. I love that he is still young enough to make it fun. The older three are just..."I'll just take the money", and it is no fun. I guess I was that way, too.
Since the last time I blogged...we went to Phoenix for Scott's sister's wedding (Jennie)...hence the pictures. These are pictures of the three oldest when we sent the couple off, of Jennie and our nieces, Katelyn and Megan, Wes and Jennie and me doing the girls' hair...I'll get to that! We are so glad to have Wes officially ours. Jennie was beautiful and Wes was crying and it was just awesome. I got to do my niece's hair, and that was quite the experience. The girls were a maid of honor and a flower girl. I have NEVER done girl's hair, and told my sister-in-law that she had the wrong person, but I couldn't say no to the begging and confidence she had in me. So...I gave it a whirl. It was fun, and the girls were patient with me. Megan is the older one and Katelyn is the younger. We had a really great trip and were wondering why Thanksgiving can't be that great. We had an adult luncheon and that was really fun...I think that is what we need more of! Anyway, it was fun.
Scott and I then went to Vegas two days after we got back from Phoenix to the International Builders Show. It was disappointing in the fact that it was so small, and there really wasn't much there for us as a business. But, getting free bags and goodies is the highlight for me and there wasn't any disappointment there...except you couldn't just grab and go like we used to be able to!
Derrek starts DRIVERS ED tomorrow. I am actually really glad because I am tired of saying "Derrek...Derrek...DERREK!" I am hoping that all the little things that I have to teach him will happen in this class and not in the car with me (like making sure that you have completely passed the person before you get back into the lane...he almost clipped someone on the freeway going 75 miles and hour and it freaked me out!). I am hoping that the freaking out will calm down. The thing is that he is really a good driver. I can only imagine having to do it with the rest...I am sure I will be wishing for Derrek! It's fun and exciting.
Well, that is all for now...I am glad it is February...one step closer to spring and being outdoor more and all the fun things that happen. Have a great week!

4 comments:
HEY....are you losing weight?! You look great! Crap...now I really gotta get exercising! I'm glad you had so much fun. Love ya!
I could not BELIEVE that you did Kaitlyn's hair when Kathie told me!! I was sure she's gone to a salon. It was stunningly beautiful, Amy! Can we come visit you for every and have you do the girls' hair like that? hehe
Good luck with Driver's Ed, Derrek!!
Wow, you did a great job on the hair! I can't believe you never do hair, the girls looked great. Cady hates for me to do it, and I'm not very good at it, so she doesn't get any cutie hairdo's.
I could use a trip to Vegas. If I see one more snowflake, I'm going to scream!
I could bestow great confidence in you because you do your own hair so awesome! (and it's spelled Kaitlyn, just FYI :) ) Good luck with Drivers Ed Derrek!
Post a Comment