Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Birthday...











We had a fun-filled week. Scott wasn't able to go to his game convention because of the Parade of Homes and the fact that it is our business' biggest week of the year. We usually get a few build jobs from it and anything right now is a blessing! So, he decided that he wanted to have the first annual "SADACAD Game Convention" at home. So, Monday he took off work early and we played game tournaments with the boys, winning cash prizes and adding a little something if they were able to beat me or Scott. Alec and Calvin got the bonus. Anyway, it was REALLY fun and it was much needed. I am pretty sure this is the start of a new tradition.

We had Dallen's birthday this week. He turned 9 years old. It is weird to see him as the tail end of kids and how it just seems to be going fast. People used to tell me all the time that I should just enjoy them when they are little because it will go by fast. Now I am starting to see their point. On Monday, most of the family in town was nice enough to come over and celebrate both Dallen and Ashton's birthdays. Then on Thursday, it was Dallen's actual birth day, so he wanted to go to "Pirate Island Pizza" for his birthday. I think we have gone there every week for the past month. Anyway, it is like a Peter Piper (pizza and archade), but it also is totally decked out like the Pirate ride at Disneyland. It's a fun and different place. The boys and Scott and I gave all our archade tickets to Dallen and he ended up with 2,750 tickets! It was fun. He bought a lava lamp. He also got a leopard gecko for his present (cage and everything), and then with the money he got for his birthday, he bought another gecko so that the other one wouldn't be lonely. He carries them around everywhere. We have to keep telling him that they need their heat lamp and they need to be in their cage for the most part. Anyway, above are some pictures of his day. Scott decorated his cake because I had to go somewhere and it has just been crazy trying to squeeze in working at the Parade of Homes because it is 3 hours out of our day that is already packed!

On Wednesday, Calvin and the other Young Men at church, made their parents a steak dinner and served us to say thank you for helping with all their scout stuff. I am not sure I have really helped, but I do make sure that they go to all the weekly stuff. Anyway, it was good and then it was funny because as soon as the parents were fed, the boys CLEANED HOUSE with all the rest of the food. I am sure Calvin ate the same as what Scott and I had together! It was fun, though.

One last thing that happened this week is that I chopped my hair to a bob, just above my shoulders. My friend cuts hair and I had wanted it the week before, but usually when I am in that mood, it passes and I am okay with my hair again. Well, this time it went on for a week and I had told her that I almost called her, so she texted me and asked if I still wanted it cut because she had some time this week. I realized I still wanted it cut and so I went for it. Scott had no idea and to my surprise was a little sad, but he is okay with it now...what could he do? I love it, though, because I finally have a cut that I can wear my hair curly (I have tons of natural curl, if you didn't know), and I don't feel like a frizz ball. Maybe I'll take pics. I hate taking pics of myself, but I might get brave!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I didn't know you had natural curl! Please post a pic of your new haircut, I can't ever decide how to do my hair, it grows long, I cut it, hate it, grow it out, cut it, and on it goes.
Happy Birthday to Dallen, it always makes me laugh that my oldest and your youngest are the same age. You were much more efficient at producing kids than I was.
Your game tournament sounds so fun. Cady's just getting old enough to start to play some fun games, but Spencer is too demanding of our time to let us play without him. Hopefully soon.

Laura said...

What a great week!! Sounds like a fun tradition. Nice job decorating the cake, Scott. And, of COURSE you should put a picture of your new haircut!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm soo sorry we didn't make it to the Birthday festivities. Actually...I'm completely bugged that other things (you know what I'm speaking of;)) got in the way of visiting with all of you! Thank you again for ALL your help...it was PRICELESS and I loved catching up with you! I just love and appreciate you so much!