Sunday, February 8, 2009

He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not...HE LOVES ME!











Last week I felt like I was in a funk...we all were in a funk. The kids were on one and I was telling Scott that I just wanted ONE DAY where the house stayed clean and there was no fighting and we could all just have a great day. Well little did I know that he had this already in the works. Monday morning I woke up, as usual, at 6:00 am to get the kids ready for school. Got them going, and then ate and then I went upstairs to shower and get ready for the day. I walked into my room and the bed was made and there was a post-it note telling me how much I am appreciated and loved, from Scott. It was short and sweet. I thought, "wow, that was nice". Then I walked into the bathroom and there was another one on the mirror! Then when I came out of the shower, Dallen had left me three on my bedroom door. They seemed to be everywhere! I was starting to feel like a princess instead of a servant. Then I went downstairs and the whole downstairs was spotless. The dishes had been completely done, counters clean, floor clean, table wiped, etc. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was seriously a dream come true. How can your day go wrong when it starts like that? I kept asking myself if it was a holiday I had forgotten...nope it was just a day. Through out the whole day I kept finding post-it notes filled with appreciation and love and flowers on my desk at work. I felt very loved and appreciated by the end of the day (Scott even made dinner and I wasn't allowed to do anything...I almost didn't know how to act...almost!). Above is a picture of all the post-it notes I had found throughout the day...it was a great day.

Then a couple of days later, Wednesday, Ashton had his 11th birthday. We were looking at pictures of Alec when he turned 11 and can't believe the difference in how he looks and can't believe Ashton is growing up. Anyway, Ashton is into Legos and so I had fun building his cake topper because he was at school. We took him out to lunch at Panda Express, his favorite. I felt bad for him because Wednesday is our busiest day of the week. We have Scout night and Scott and I take a class. Anyway, at around 8:00 that night we were finally able to have cake and ice cream. He had a little friend (Jessica) over to help celebrate. Anyway, he says he had a great day. And thanks to the Grandmas who gave him money...he is already planning what Legos he wants to buy at Wal-mart.

Well, this next week will be good...for Scott. He gets to go to a game convention in L.A. with some friends from Las Vegas. He is really excited and I am excited too because he always comes back with some new, fun boardgames to play. Also, it is the start of the St. George Parade of Homes. Our company, Sunwest Development, is doing something totally different this year and they are parading the Beehive Cottages that we have built for those who can live on their own, but need an extra eye watching them (so-to-speak). Anyway, I'll let you know how those things go. Have a great week!










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that is soo sweet and cool!

Laura said...

What an awesome "We love you" day, Amy!!! Don't tell Scott, but we zoomed in on the notes and read what sweet things he said to you. Mike and I were both touched. You really ARE amazing, Amy. Someday, when you're able to look back on your life, maybe you'll be able to see what an amazing person you truly are. You're one in a million!!!

Julianne said...

you mean, they are still messy and fight even when they grow up?!!! the boys in your life sure take care of you! what a great idea and it was probably enough to get through another whole year! Love ya, Amy!

PaulsPhotoGallery said...

I zoomed in too, and what a sweet thing to do! I love the post it notes. I need to show this to Paul, who blames his lack of romance on a shortage of funds. Sweet notes AND cleaning the house, you've got a keeper :o)

Kathie said...

That is so sweet. It's nice to feel appreciated. At least we know that SOMETIMES we get a bit of recognition for what we try to do. That is HYSTERICAL about Dallen. I can't believe he's the first to say those dreaded 3 words. I've had them from all three of mine (unfortunately Jack picked up on it once from his older sisters :( ) Luckily, Kate always hugs me and cries after and apologizes. Hope he gets out of his little cranky mood!!! Scott you're sure a sweetie! You and Paul have a lot in common.

Karla said...

Looks like Valentine's Day came early at your house! You deserve it. Scott is doing a good job training the boys to appreciate you and thier future wives!