Derrek got a new camera. He seems to be able to get deals and frankly, it isn't fair! But, there is a photographer in our ward who bought a new camera and told Derrek he would sell him his old one. So Derrek got this amazing camera for $150. I have decided to stop taking pictures and just bring him along to everything and he can be my personal photographer!
Some picture Derrek took that he really likes. He is getting better every day. My dad is giving him tips and pointers and pretty soon, we'll have another pro!
Heidi and family came to visit during Spring Break (which was right after we went to the Draper Temple). We had fun. It never feels like there are eleven kids here when they visit. It is amazing. During their visit, I got a text at work that said "you have two new pets" and it was two snakes that Dallen had caught down at the river. One was really big and the other was small. They would catch frogs and feed them to the snakes. That's always fun to watch. Dallen just let them go this week because he is tired of taking care of them and the geckos. Plus, I think the whole fun of having them is actually the catching part. So, I am sure he will catch them again.
Some pictures Derrek took while Heidi's family was here. We went to a park where everything seems to spin. The kids had fun.

Picture of Dallen's bigger snake.
Calvin is my little thrifty child. He has wanted a mountain bike, but no money for a brand new one, so he went shopping at Deseret Industries and found a bike for $10. He then had enough money to buy tires and replace the tires completely and did all the work himself! Needless to say, he has a great bike for $60. There is still some tweeking that needs to be done, like the brakes, but it works good until then.
We had an Easter "weekend" with my family. We did family sealings at the temple with the adults in the family, then yesterday we had extended family join us for an Easter Egg hunt. We did it inside and outside my mom's house. That was fun. Today we are going to have a Dinner and we haven't done that for a long time.

Scott with Gabby and Conner, checking out the Easter hunt loot.

Dallen helped cook the hot dogs for lunch, after the hunting was done.
Well, things are continuing to go and Sunwest is still alive and we seriously have to owe that to the Lord because on paper, there is no way that we should be able to pay expenses, but we do and we know it is truly blessings from on High.
We are trying to finish the last SIX WEEKS of this school year. Then Derrek will officially be in High School and Ashton will be going to "middle school" and I will only have one left in Elementary! That is really weird to me.

5 comments:
Happy Easter! I remember when Dallen and Alec both caught their snakes. Do you still have them both? They were soo cool. Me and Charity plan on getting one (Even though I'm not too fond of them).We havn't updated our blog in so long! We will soon! Tell everyone I said hi! Peace!!!
-Emily
Derrik's pictures are great! I'm impressed!
Those are pretty good pictures! I won't comment on the snakes and frogs (shiver).
It sounds like you had a great Easter, it's fun to get together with family.
Good job Calvin! Within a month, a $60 bike and a $200 bike look the same anyway. Being thrifty is a great quality. I wish I had cultivated it at a younger age.
Amy, as I struggle with my ONE boy, I take my hat off to you for being such an awesome mom to FIVE! I also think you were brilliant to have them young, when you had the most energy. Some days, I think Spencer is going to do me in.
Happy Easter!!! It's good to know you're alive and well. ;o) Sounds like you've got TWO boys who are great at finding good deals; that's awesome. I like the pics Derrek took - especially with Zach on the trampoline. That park looks cool!
Yeah! Have missed your updates. Good to see pictures, and WOW, Derrek, you are a good photographer. And good job Calvin. You're awesome.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment