


Well, it is official, and some of you have known, but Scott has just been called to be Bishop of a new ward. Our Stake took four wards and made five and we are in that new 5th ward, which actually is called the "5th Ward". It has been an interesting process. I had gotten a call, last Saturday, telling us that we had an appointment with someone in the Stake Presidency the next day. I thought Scott would be called as High Councilman or something like that because I know there were are few voids in those callings. I had gone to our Ward Council meeting that morning at 9:00 and then at 10:15, the counselor in the bishopric said that he had called my house and asked if the boys were coming to do Fast Offerings and he said they told him "no". So...I said, "they will be here soon" and jetted home and explained to them why we have them do Fast Offerings (I even pulled out the tears...they don't like to see me cry, but know how serious I am when I do!). I got them sent off, I am sure they were still grumbling under their breath, and went to see the Stake President. We were sitting there shooting the breeze and then he said, "I would like to read you a letter" and as he did, he started laughing. I said, "Why are you laughing..you are making me nervous", and he said, "Because I've been here where you are". Then he read a letter from the First Presidency calling Scott to be Bishop. Scott knew this was coming soon. He actually has had several experiences in the past six months that have been preparing him and so he knew something was coming...he just didn't know what. I realized then that I was no longer going to be able to be Young Women's president and I am really going to miss working with the girls. I hope I did what the Lord needed me to do...I guess I did because it's done! Anyway...so there you have it...Bishop Bowler!
On another note...here are pictures of Dallen and Ashton with a couple of their accomplishments this summer. Also, Calvin earned his Waterski Merit Badge and so the four of the five boys (the ones who are scouts) have all earned their Waterski Merit Badge and I consider that awesome...especially if they are in the Steurer family!
School starts on Thursday. We are all a little wound up around here. A lot of change at once, but we are good. Derrek starts high school, officially. In St. George they have two different schools for the "middle school". They have the intermediate, which is 6th and 7th grade. Ashton will be there this year. Calvin and Alec will be in the middle school in 8th and 9th grade. Dallen is going to be in 4th grade. We have FOUR different schools this year! I just keep thinking about parent/teacher conferences and how crazy that will be going to get all that done.
Anyway, just had to share the news. We are excited and scared and humbled at the same time. We know that we will be okay in all aspects. I just laugh because I think of how open we are and how open we are with our faults and our kids' stories of raising them. I just hope that all our trials that we have had can at least help one person.

6 comments:
I (we) are so excited for your family and this new experience for all of you. Scott will be awesome! Take some deep breaths this week, and I'll see ya at three of those back to school nights! ;)
Holy Cow! Congratulations?!? Scott will do great!
Good luck with a new school year! High school, huh?!? I knew the day would come...but it still seems too soon!
Love you all!
Mwahahaha....that's for Scott! ;) And good luck with those parent teacher things....This is our first year with two different schools...ahh! Look on the bright bright side....you'll have to do precious little baking at Christmas! Just recycle your baking gifts! ;)
Not sure whether to wish you congratulations or condolences, but all the same, I'm sure he will do a great job. Life's always full of fun surprises. :o)
Good luck to you, you'll be the one holding down the fort. Our bishop is about 6 years older than I am. I think they get the young ones in because they have more stamina. :oD
I can't believe your Stake President started laughing! That's a little nerve racking. :o/ We're behind you, Scott - praying for you and supporting you. Amy, we're thinking about and praying for you too! From my father's experience, I know you will all be richly blessed by this sacrifice. Plus, it's just darn funny that Scott got to be bishop before anyone else in the family. I don't know why but that just makes me smile!
I agree with Laura on all comments - especially smiling about Scott beating out all other Bowlers as a bishop. Love you guys tons!
Post a Comment