This week has been calm compared to weeks past. We are all starting to get used to the schedules and such. Calvin started football this past Monday. He is having growing pains and so his knees were giving out on him. I can't tell how much is real and how much is milked. But...whatever...he does have some degree of pain in his knees. He was just doing conditioning this week (where they wear helmets only to get their necks used to carrying the helmets). He was doing drills and one was the "bear crawl" and because his neck wasn't used to the helmet weight, he would end up doing basically a somersault. It was pretty funny. He didn't like that the other guys were laughing and I had to say, "now if you were the one in line and you saw another kid doing the same thing, you can't tell me that you wouldn't laugh". He said "I know, but...it's different (while smiling)". But, the rest of the week went well for him.
Just one funny story and picture to share. Yep! You guessed it...Alec!!!
The kids were bored (the homework hasn't piled on yet, and actually Alec finished his at school and he said that he had been feeling weird and I said that it was the feeling of not having the stress of something hanging over you and that you were free to do what you wanted...he liked that feeling!). Anyway, he and Calvin decided to go fishing at 7:00 p.m. Scott told him it was fine and he would pick them up when it

started to get dark. So, around 8:30 p.m., Scott went to go pick them up. I was here, working on things at my desk, and Alec comes in and says "hey mom, I hooked myself", as if it was no big deal. I thought he was joking because he likes reactions and stages things like this...but no, this one was real! He had thrown a hook into his head (you can click on the picture and see it up close!!!). Come to find out, they weren't catching any fish and so they saw bats flying overhead and heard that you could catch them with a fishing pole and hook. So, they (he and Calvin) were casting the hooks straight up and down trying to catch bats (what they were going to do with them if they caught one...Heaven only knows!). So, Scott looked at it and said, "there are only two ways to get this out. One, I yank it out, and two, I push it through creating another hole." Alec was debating and while he was doing that, Scott just yanked it! No blood...and Alec went and showered and then it became a thing of the past.
Have fun with your week! We have Birthdays starting this week. It's Alec and Scott's on Wednesday! Alec will be 15 years old. Scott will be 38. I am glad Alec isn't as persistant as Derrek in getting his permit. I haven't recovered from Derrek, yet.
Oh, I keep forgetting...for those of you who are not my siblings...my sister, Jenette, is trying to get a cookie business started. She is working on getting legalized, but if you want to look at some of her work, her blog is: sugaryums.blogspot.com. She is still working on packaging and pricing, so if you have any suggestions on what you make you want to purchase something like this, your feedback would be appreciated!!!
3 comments:
I love Alec and his adventures. They keep me laughing--thanks, Alec! We love and miss you all!
Well, you need to have something interesting happen - you wouldn't want life to get BORING. ;)
Ouch! Amy, reading your blog scares me, Spencer is already such a....boy, that I read these things and know it's coming soon. Eek! I'm glad that Alec recovered easily from that. I got shivers just looking at it.
Post a Comment