
We went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and it was good to see everyone again. Scott was soooo nice because I was really freaking out about possibly gaining more weight because the past two times I have been down there I have gained 7 pounds collectively and I have worked so hard this past year and a half and I didn't want it to be another hurdle. So he exercised with me every morning and then helped me to remember to control myself because he knew I needed that. So, we made it back and I achieved my goal of not gaining anything. So, I considered it a very good vacation! I think my favorite part was our traditional shopping on Black Friday and then the girls getting together and having breakfast at IHOP or somewhere like that. I just love that we are all friends and really love each other.
We are all doing good. The kids are trying to finish getting things in before the quarter ends. I am proud of them because they really check their own grades and push themselves to get things done they know they need to.
We went this last week to the Temple Visitor's Center where they have the Reflections of Christ photography on display. There was one of the manger scene that I really liked. We all reflected on our love for Christ. We had our Ward Christmas party and Scott, being Bishop and all, had some teen-age girls singing "Santa Baby" to him and kissed him on the cheek a couple of times during the song. He was dying from embarrassment. It was funny, to me, though, because several people asked me if I was mad about it. I was laughing.
Something else that was funny, this last week, was that Scott asked me to print off a new family picture for his frame at work (which currently has a "horizontal" picture in it) and he asked if the pictures my dad took were horizontal. And I said, "well, the best one is vertical, but that shouldn't matter, we can still use your same frame". He could not picture how I could put a "vertical" picture in his "horizontal" frame. He was almost arguing with me and basically saying that I was wrong. So, we were at my parent's and I was working on the pictures to send to Wal-mart and he comes in and says, with a "horizontal" frame in hand and a "just prove to me" attitude, "show me how I could possibly use this frame with a vertical picture" and he throws it in front of me standing "horizonally". Without saying a word, I just turned it "vertical" and it still stood and then went on with what I was doing. It was so funny. He grabbed the frame and just walked away and didn't say anything. Now he says, after I say I did something stupid, "well, at least you knew how to turn the picture frame". It was definitely a classic moment.
So, I found something I would love to have, and thought I should pass it on...
http://www.perpetualkid.com/to-do-tatto.aspx
I am always writing stuff on my hands to remember what I need to do...I just figured this was for me :).
Well, hopefully you are enjoying yourselves. Oh, I forgot to say...no gingerbread house this year. But Scott said that everyone that entered this year stepped it up a notch from what was brought last year! He feels he contributed that way...they were able to raise a little more money, anyway.

5 comments:
Hi Amy!!! I'm finally back to checking on blogs!!! Now if I can just get one of my own posted! :)
That is SO FREAKING HYSTERICAL about the horizontal and vertical picture frame. I was wondering the whole time how you were going to make it work without cropping it to be horizontal.... you total got me too! Us Bowler's think we're SOOO SMART. (Cuz we are.... most of the time).
Good job not gaining weight. You had so much self control -- that is SO SO SO hard.... at Thanksgiving? And with all of us pigging out. Eating out several times... man.... you're my hero!
Anywhere we can see pics of the gingerbread houses from this year?
Love you tons and can't wait until New Years to come hang out!!
AHhh, that is hilarious about Scott and the frame! AND Scott and the song! Two classic things I wish I could have enjoyed and teased endlessly!!!!! I couldn't bring up the page thing though! :( Glad you guys are doing good! Think of you all the time! Love ya!
That is the funniest story! Scott will never live that one down! Soooo funny!
Hi Scott and Amy, Thanks for the Christmas Card, it was good to hear from you guys. I'll start checking your blog now that I have the address. We have a blog too--thebyronfamily@blogspot.com
Hopefully i'll get a chance over break to read your blog and catch up on what i've missed the last 8 years or so :)
Dianna
Hey Amy!!! Thanks for sending the card. I've told Scott at least twice to get you on facebook and to say hi to you for me. What a punk! And what a thrilling year you all have had! I am not a blogger as of yet, facebook is about as close as I get. I may have to change my ways, because so many of my friends are doing it and I can only stand the peer pressure so long. ; ) Can't wait to come back and explore your blog when I have more time! Love and miss you tons!!!!!
Post a Comment