Sunday, October 25, 2009

Calvin Turned 14!!!

We are so proud of our Calvin!

Finally! Calvin turned 14! He is as tall as Derrek and Alec and acts like he should be able to do any and all things that they get to do, but it's hard to remember that he is two and one year younger than they are. It doesn't help that he has been able to sneak into church activities for the 14-16 year old (because according to him, they do "cooler" activities). So, he is finally 14 and he was made a Teacher, officially, today. It made him very happy.

Other things that happened...

Lauren moved out this week. We definitely wish her well. Scott and I can truly say we have learned a lot from this experience and hopefully we have been able to help her. It just takes people a long time to figure out what they truly want in their life and her choices were starting to effect our family, and I know the Lord was/is helping both us, and Lauren, and we are grateful for that.

Alec was suspended this week for doing something at school that he knows he shouldn't have done. Keep him in your prayers. Especially because he has to go back to school tomorrow and face his peers and they have been able to talk and gossip about him all week and so that is what he gets to walk back into :(...I hate middle school! He is struggling emotionally with life and he is a very inward child (even though he doesn't seem like it!) and I just pray that he will be able to know who he really is and not beat himself up for things that happen. Needless to say, it's been an interesting week! I am REALLY grateful to all the family members that we have talked to that have helped rally around him and help him. None of us can do this parenting thing on our own!

Derrek is looking for a job. It's not going so well. He almost had a job at McDonalds, but it fell through, and to be honest, I am almost glad. Nothing against McDonalds...I just think he would have had a hard time working under the person that he would have been working under. This has definitely been a faith building experience and he has had to learn how to rely on the Lord like he has never had to before.

Again we go...moving on into another week!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, please give Alec a big hug from me! He is so in my prayers! And you guys! I agree...parenting is not done alone! I still can't handle how old your boys are! I'm still getting used to Sam being 12! Love you guys!

Laura said...

Wow, you really have had a humdinger week. I'm so sorry for Alec. I hope things are better than he expects. Good luck to Derrek finding a job! Happy Birthday to CALVIN!!