We just got back from Phoenix this last week. Scott's mom passed away after battling Mesothelioma (sp?), cancer that was in her lungs from asbestos exposure from who knows when. It's been a surreal experience, but an amazing one. We have definitely felt the peace of knowing that we will see her again. She will be missed, though. We have seen the "tender mercies" of the Lord through this whole experience, even until the end. We were able to hug her one more time and sit with her and I think I cried more than I have in a long time. We all knew it was time, but it is still hard to let go. I think she even struggled with letting go. I KNOW that she loves all of us (over 50 of us...kids, spouses, and grandkids). She hugged us with all her might. I didn't know she had that much strength in her and I was further down the line in hugs! She was/is an amazing woman. Scott and I thought about how influential one woman was on so many people (in just her family). Sometimes I didn't know why she would put up with all that she did, but I realized this last week that it was because she truly tried to live like Christ. She gave everything she had to that worthy goal. Just imagine what we could do and the influence we have on others...she truly left some big shoes to fill! We'll truly miss her.
I am truly starting to like having another driver in the house. It ALMOST makes up for my struggles with being in the front seat while he practiced driving this last year. Friday we went to my mom's because my sister and family was here from Germany and I needed to see her! But, Scott and I wanted to go on a date, so Derrek drove the boys home in one car and Scott and I left in the other car on our date. One less thing I had to do! Then yesterday he took my list and money to Wal-Mart and went shopping for me. I think this will be the best way to stay in budget because he won't stray from the list like I do when I go to Wal-mart! It's been fun, except for him constantly asking "can I go...", "hey mom, can I take the car...". So far it's been good, though.
Well, on to another week!

2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Ruth. Bless you and Scott, I know how much you both loved her. What a week!!! I'm glad you are coming around to the whole 2nd driver thing....I think while sitting in the front seat when it's my turn...the benefits is ALL I'll be able to think about! Otherwise...no one else will be able to drive! ;)You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love you all!!!!
Oh, that's awesome to have another driver! I'm gonna be old and gray before we even have a BABYSITTER amongst our kids. haha.
Beautiful post about Ruth. Truly - BIG shoes!
Love you.
Post a Comment