Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Priesthood holder in our house!

Today Ashton was ordained a Deacon and right after church, the Deacon Quorum President took Ashton to do Fast Offerings...nothing like initiation! He was really wound up today, but I think the excitement of getting to do the things like the older boys was almost too much! Even if his brother's complain, there is still an excitement of being one of the boys that get to do those things. He had a good birthday. He had to wait until the evening to open his presents because I bought a present that he already had (I had re-arranged his room and found he had already purchased the present that I had bought). So, I had to go back to Wal-mart the day of his birthday and exchange it so that he would have something to open that he didn't have! He didn't mind, too much. I pulled him out of school during lunch and we went to Panda Express and wasted a little time because he didn't want to go to Math class, but I told him if he didn't, then he would have homework on his birthday. He managed to get all his homework done for the day and had no homework that night...happy birthday to the both of us! We had all the family, that possibly could come, come over for cake and ice cream. It was a fun night, and thanks to all those who could come. It made him feel special. He's my quiet one and really doesn't ask for much, but when he kept asking if people were going to come over that night, I was just praying that it was a good night for it to happen, and you all pulled through for him. I knew it was important to him.

This is Ashton's cake. In the pot I did chocolate cupcakes topped with brownies to look like dirt. Then we stuck fake leaves in to re-create the Toy Story scene with the army men. Lego put out a new line of Toy Story Legos and the Army men were what Ashton wanted on his cake...

Two are ready to shoot at anyone who trys to take the presents!

One is on the look-out, while the other is on the radio giving the orders. The jeep is below ready to take them wherever they need to go!

This Sunday is/was Scout Sunday, and so I HAD to force my kids to take this picture, but I don't get this opportunity to see all my young men in their Scout uniforms together. The sad thing is that Calvin and Alec were practically busting off the buttons because they are four times bigger than they were when they were 11 year-old Scouts! It is time to invest in bigger pants and shirts. Poor Alec, his sash didn't even fit. He seriously has shot up in the last six months and I feel I am buying him new clothes (especially church pants!) every other month! Anyway, they were good and wore their uniforms and I am grateful for the Scouting program and the things that they have learned and experience because of it. Dallen didn't feel like one of the boys because he had the blue shirt on, but I reminded him that in a couple of weeks, when he

is a Webelos, he can have a brown shirt, just like his brothers. They are quite the group of young men. I love them tons!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday to Ashton, that twelfth birthday feels like such a milestone. I love his cake, what a creative idea! I can't wait to see Toy Story 3.
You have a great looking group of boys there!

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you about Sam and receiving the priesthood?! The first sunday that he passed the sacrament...I looked over and he was all slumped down just like a "deacon" does! I leaned over to Jason and said "wow, the priesthood must be really heavy, look how slumped over Sam is" ;) congrats!!!!!