Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dallen in the double digets!

Dallen had his 10th birthday on Friday. His day started out kind of rough. He came home from school and was just sad. I wasn't able to do what I normally do for birthdays because Scott and I have both had to work at our Parade Home and it had consumed that day, too. So, he got home from school and was bummed and since I wasn't able to take him out to lunch, we had invited his two best friends (named Ashton) to go do something fun with us on his birthday. So, Dallen chose ice skating. Did you know that had an ice rink in St. George?!? It's new this year and not permanent, yet. They are trying to raise money to make it more permanent, but for now we are enjoying it until it gets too warm. So, Alec had been many times and said he would stay with them while I went home and make Dallen's birthday dinner (and wrapped his presents!!!). It was crazy. But, Dallen and friends and brothers had a great time...falling down a lot! Then they came home and we ate dinner (Chicken Crescents) and then we had family and his two friends come over for cake. He wanted an "I-pod" cake and I had just got this recipe for fondant (it's in my "recipe of the week"), so I decided to try it. I forgot to add color when I was supposed to, so he got a white I-pod, but I was so proud of myself for making my own fondant and it actually tasted way better than the store-bought stuff. All in all, it was a great day and thanks to family to make it that much better. He really needed the attention and I am grateful that they would take time on a Friday night to do that. This is a picture of Dallen with his three best friends named "Ashton" (including his brother).


Derrek went out on his first real double date, in the sense that he actually asked a girl to go on a date with him and he paid for everything! They went and played laser tag. Got the 50 piece McNugget meal (yuck!) for dinner and then went to the spinning park (that's what we call it because everything there spins). Then when they were sick from spinning, they called it a night. The group took our big van and had a great time. It was fun to hear him talk about his night.


Like I said before, Sunwest has been doing their Parade of Homes this week. It actually has been a really good 10 days. We have had A LOT of people come through the house, and hopefully just one will want to buy it from the customer we built it for a couple years ago. The decorator did an amazing job and she has had a lot of business come from this, too. It is just amazing to see the Lord work in these few lives with this one event. I was going to have to miss church again today to be there (I had to miss last week), but I am grateful to my sister who had the thought to come so that I could go to church. It was a great meeting. But, it is just cool to see His hand in all the little things as well as the big things. I know the house will sell for our client. I don't know what will come of it for Sunwest...maybe nothing, but I do know that we were supposed to do it. It has been good.

3 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

Yay for Dallen and turning ten! Yay for you in making such a fabulous cake! I'm impressed! I'm supposed to help teach the Mia Maids cake decorating so that will come in super handy!!

And hooray for Derrek asking out a girl and paying for the date! So fun!!

Glad things went well with the Parade home!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dallen!!!!! Could you guys get any busier?!

Julianne said...

Love the cake...you are steppin' it up a notch! I just might have to try that recipe!