First, before we get to this week, I have to tell you what I woke up to...
I heard tape being used and I walked into Dallen and Ashton's room to see Dallen standing on a chair with Alec taping him to the wall with masking tape to see if it would hold him there (it didn't). Another one of Alec's great ideas. Dallen was more than happy to try it out. Seriously those two are so much alike!
Anyway, we had another birthday this week. Ashton is officially 13, and that means we have four teenagers in our house! He had an interesting birthday. The day before he stayed home from school because he didn't feel good and had a slight fever. On the day of his birthday (Friday), it started to look a lot like strep throat (which Alec had a couple weeks earlier). So, Ashton got to open his presents in the morning. 
He got Halo Megablocks (like Legos). He was pretty happy about that, especially because he was going to have to stay home from school and he could build them all day long! Then we got showered and ready and headed into the doctor. Sure enough, it was strep and he was good and even though he didn't want to, he had a shot in the bum. We are so bad about getting the pills in for the 10 days and so he was so nice and allowed me to push him to do it. He swears never again! Since we couldn't do any family or friend party, and he couldn't swallow, his birthday dinner consisted of an Orange Peel Smoothie and the rest of us had pizza.
His birthday ice-cream cake is still in the freezer, ready to put candles on it for when he can swallow! So, he managed to build all his gifts (pictured below...and there are still two sets missing from that!). He said he had a good and bad day. Good because he got to play all day with his stuff, but bad because his throat really hurt and he didn't feel good. It is definitely one to remember!

He got Halo Megablocks (like Legos). He was pretty happy about that, especially because he was going to have to stay home from school and he could build them all day long! Then we got showered and ready and headed into the doctor. Sure enough, it was strep and he was good and even though he didn't want to, he had a shot in the bum. We are so bad about getting the pills in for the 10 days and so he was so nice and allowed me to push him to do it. He swears never again! Since we couldn't do any family or friend party, and he couldn't swallow, his birthday dinner consisted of an Orange Peel Smoothie and the rest of us had pizza.
His birthday ice-cream cake is still in the freezer, ready to put candles on it for when he can swallow! So, he managed to build all his gifts (pictured below...and there are still two sets missing from that!). He said he had a good and bad day. Good because he got to play all day with his stuff, but bad because his throat really hurt and he didn't feel good. It is definitely one to remember!We had a fun family night with my parents this past Monday, also. We had a lesson about prayer and how we do have a Heavenly Father that listens and answers our prayers. We each looked up our favorite scriptures about prayer and read them. Then we told why we picked that particular scripture. Then others would chime in about there experience with that scripture, if they had one. It was amazing to hear how the Lord has touched all the boys in their simple lives at times when they needed it.
My mom made these pillow cases for all the boys and they have put them on their beds. Thanks mom and dad!
My mom made these pillow cases for all the boys and they have put them on their beds. Thanks mom and dad! Scott continues to do well in school. He took an accounting test and got 100%...the only one in class! He was really excited about that, as he should be! He also had a biology test (super hard) and got an 86%, and was the only one who didn't fail it. So, this week he tells me he thinks he can get a job and do school and work. That freaked me out a little because he shuts down when he gets in over his head and quits everything and I just don't want history to repeat itself, even though he swears things are different (and they might be...I'm just overly sensitive about any sign that might swing things to how they were before). So, a couple of days after he made that statement, my cousin, Mike, called him and said that he is just super busy and needs help. Mike just graduated as a Mortitian and has a job here. So, he wanted to hire Scott when he needs him. It is the perfect scenerio and it is even in the field that Scott would like to eventually work permanently. Anyway, a little something coming in is better than nothing! Hopefully it works out for both Mike and Scott. Even just the chance is a blessing and feel we are looked after constantly.
Derrek officially started back at McDonald's this week. It has been PACKED, but he is liking it and is really excited to start getting a paycheck again. He really is excited that he can fix up his bike because it has some needed TLC coming it's way!
The other boys are doing good. Alec and Calvin have been over to our neighbor's house a lot lately. I can tell that they are frustrated with me and/or Scott, so they go over there. Especially Alec, and I know it is because they feel they can't come to us. Calvin even told me so! I am just grateful they have the Beechers and keep teasing them that they are just going to have to move with us because my kids won't know what to do if they actually have to come to us with their problems!

3 comments:
I can barely handle those prom pictures! And no woman will ever be good enough for Alec! You tell him!!! ;) I'm so glad Scott is helping Mike! I had no idea...but then Mike never thinks to tell me...oh and I haven't talked to him this week! I hope it works out! DOes that mean you guys are staying?! AND last but not least...how much would it take for your mom to send me 6 of those?! I would gladly pay her for them! Would you ask her for me?! I miss you super bad! At least in Vernal I had girls to distract me from missing you!!!! ;) Love ya!
good thing I read my comment.....by those I meant pillow cases?! I've accepted I'm a true blond!
A shot in the bum for strep!! On his birthday!! What a royal bummer, Ashton!! Hehe. We actually had a moment of happiness this last week when we remembered it was Dallen's birthday. Ah, the beloved Dallen. *sigh* ;o)
Good luck with the new job, Scott. It sounds stressful, but I'm sure is't also stressful to be living on student loans. So, hopefully this is the lesser of 2 evils. :) That's AWESOME that he's doing so well in school!! Congratulations.
So, are you still working? How's the mommy of this family doing?? And where are some pictures of that cute lady!!!
Post a Comment