Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's getting closer...

We have found that there is a constant sort of tension that floats around our house. We, in a way, subconciously are always thinking about having to move. The other night I went to a Young Women's meeting and then it was a Girls Camp kickoff meeting and I came home and was snipping at the kids and just so irritated. After making their evening end in sadness, I was cleaning up their mess and asking myself "what is going on? I had a great time at the meeting. It was Spiritual, and so why am I biting my kids' heads off?!?" Calvin then came down stairs (he is always more sensitive to how I am feeling and just wanted to make sure I was ok) and asked me if I was ok. He asked if he could clean up so that I could just go to bed because maybe that is what I needed. I said "no, that isn't what is going on". And then he said, "I think that when we finally move that things will be more back to normal". Then I realized that this is what was bugging me. I told him "I think you are right. I am pretty sure that is why I am acting this way". I realized I had to appologize to the kids the next morning (since the others were already asleep). I realized that I was sad about not being able to go to Girls Camp this year. I really love going and being up there because you are away from everything and all that is done is spiritually centered and this year they are even hiking the Grand Canyon! Anyway, I was just sad (I'm still sad, but that's ok). The waiting around and the constant having to stay connected here, but wanting to disconnect and move on is exhausting. It has been good though, because we have had to learn patience and man, is that something I have needed to learn! I am not a patient person. If I want something, I just do everything to get it as soon as possible. This time, I have to wait and be patient. It will all happen in time, but it is just not yet. I don't think I have ever had an experience like this! Anyway, we are all doing good. Derrek took the ACT last weekend. He still hasn't gotten his score back, but I am sure he did good. He is a great test taker, unlike his mother! Scott has only two more weeks of classes and then he is onto finals and then he is done until June. He found out that he can test out of two of his classes that he would have had to take in the Summer and so now he only has to take two (he would have had four). So, he will take one on-line in June and one at the community college in July, when we move down there. Seriously, these little things are huge blessings from Heaven. We are constantly amazed at the constant blessings we have been getting. It makes us want to keep learning patience and as it feels sometimes "long-suffering". Ashton just earned his Star rank for Boy Scouts. Now it is on to Life and then Eagle. He has had amazing scout leaders and it makes all the difference in the world. That is about all the excitement we have been having. Like I said, we are all healthy and doing good and really can't complain. The weather is beautiful, boys have been able to skim board, and things keep moving along as they should.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While reading your post I had to check and see if I had accidentally re-posted one of mine from when we moved! Limbo is a NASTY place to be. It will be better...but then a whole other set of emotions will come up for you to replace these Limbo ones. Take time to feel what you are feeling and enjoy those you are around now. Just soak it in and let the boys know you'll be crying a lot now...but it WILL stop. ;) Love you girl!