Monday, September 12, 2011

Yay!

First of all, it was Derrek's 18th birthday. I cannot believe I have an 18-year-old! He said he had a good birthday. His friend, Kaley planned a whole day for him. Then he was also able to get his bike all fixed up and also buy a crash symbol for his drum set. He's a happy camper :). He was even nice enough to go shopping for his dad and brother on his birthday. Of course, he went to the Asian store to buy knives and throwing stars because he was 18 and he could. It was a hi-light for him.

Next, I got a job!!! Aunt Dar, you were right...the right job came to me :). I'll be working for a General Contractor, doing exactly what I was doing in St. George for my family's business. He will let me make my own hours, as long as the work gets done and so I have a lot more freedom so that I can do what I think is most important, that of being there for my kids. It's right down the road, literally up the street from where Scott works and anyway, it will be exactly what we need. I am just so grateful. He still has to fire the other girl working for him, so I won't be starting until he does that. He reminds me of my dad, who has a hard time firing anyone. But, it's gotten to the point with him, that he can't give her responsibilities because it isn't good for his business...hence, me coming in :).

Everything else is pretty much the same. Alec posted on Facebook that Arizona is getting a lot better, even though he still misses his St. George friends. Dallen got invited to his first birthday party here, and went paint-balling. He was in heaven. The kid is a nice kid and his mom is too. It's been good and we are starting to meet more people and starting to branch more into the community. It just takes time and convincing ourselves that we want to do this!

2 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

Hooray! That's perfect for you!!! So happy that the job finally came through! Glad to hear that everyone is settling in too. Love you all!!

Todd and Wendy said...

Yay!!!! I"m so happy for you!!! FINALLY :O)