Yep, that's right! Scott graduated Mortuary Science school...with honors! I think his overall GPA was like a 3.99 if not a 4.00. His lowest grade this last semester was a 96%. He crammed 2 years into 1 1/2 years. He has been working so hard to pick us up out of the dust and hopefully his hard works starts to pay off.
Bunker hasn't given him a proposal of what he will be doing for them now that he is an "intern" (he has to get his intern license, hopefully soon...it costs $400! and then intern for a year as an embalmer and then another year as a funeral director and then he can get his license as a Funeral Director). They haven't discussed pay, either, and just found out that the guy to do that will be gone all this week...so, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I am kind of worried because we haven't heard anything really promising from those who have already been doing this with Bunker for a couple years. Scott loves working for Bunker and really loves the people and the opportunity it's been to work for them. He has learned so much this last year that he wouldn't have gotten to had he not been working for them. I guess we'll just have to see, and most importantly, we trust the Lord. He has blessed us this far, and we know He will continue to do so.
Calvin and Alec got it stuck in their heads that they wanted to shave Shep (our Australian Shepherd dog). This is no small chore. So, Aunt Heidi had some dog clippers that she let them borrow...come to find out after the dog was done being shaved, they used Scott's hair clippers instead ("they worked better"). Scott went to clip his hair this morning and found a nice surprise. At least they put them back, right?!? The funny thing is that we thought Shep was fat, but it turns out, it was all hair! He looks like he did when he was a puppy! I tried to get some pictures to show...
 |
| Shep as a puppy (6 months old) |
 |
| Shep (and Angel) at Christmas 2011. Look at the coat! |
 |
| Alec and Calvin displaying their work of art. No more mane :( |
 |
| This isn't the best picture, but you can tell all the hair is gone! |
He looks like a puppy again. It's pretty funny. We'll see if it helps during the summer. He actually liked being shaved, just not around his face, so the boys used the scissors for that. They did a pretty good job. It's still a little weird.
This is the last full week of school for the boys. It's been a long hard year with all the adjusting they have had to do. I'm proud of them. I know it's been hard. Derrek graduates next week (I am sending out announcements...just have to get stamps!). He has worked really hard too, and will graduate as a member of the National Honors Society, too (just not in Mortuary Science!).
Today is Mother's Day. Scott always works so hard to make it a great day for me. He made me breakfast in bed (pancakes, an orange, and cup of milk), he let me have a nap, and made lasagna and french bread for dinner. The boys have been giving hugs (especially Dallen and Ashton) and Alec made me some no-bake cookies, and Ashton made some brownies. Calvin helped Scott clean up (he is always good at noticing that stuff). They have been trying their hardest not to fight and have done pretty good. I am grateful to be a mom. I never really set out to get married and have kids. I actually was on the fast track to work in retail as a Fashion Merchandiser or something in that area. Then, we felt we needed to start our family soon after we got married and along came Derrek. I know the Lord knew what would be best for me. I would grow and learn and become a better person through my trials and joys of being a mother. They have all taught me more about myself and how to better myself in ways that would have never happened had I not had them...all of them.
 |
| Derrek and I when he was about 1 year old. |
I am thankful for my mom. I was thinking of all the things she did for us growing up. She was and still is always behind the scenes, working. She plans the fun and my dad heads the fun, but it is my mom that does all the behind the scenes stuff. She taught us how to be independent (or maybe I was just born more that way), but I do remember thinking how lucky my sister-in-laws were for getting husbands that knew how to cook, iron shirts, clean, wash and fold laundry, etc.
 |
| My mom taking us to a ball game here in Phoenix...her favorite pass-time. She loves to watch a baseball game while ironing. I never understood that! She liked to iron, too! I love you, mom! |
Then that leads us to Scott's mom. We miss her a lot, especially on Mother's Day. She is forever in our hearts, though. She taught us how to truly love others no matter what they act like. If there is anyone that ever showed Christ-like love, it was her. I don't remember her ever saying anything bad about anyone. I know she would get frustrated with people, but was quick to forgive and move past anything that caused frustration. I see a lot of her in her kids and her grandchildren. She was a hard worker, and SO willing to help in any way that she could. She could never sit still! She truly loved her kids and grandkids. They were her everything and she showed that. She was full of hugs and reading books to them and playing games. We truly miss her.
 |
| Dallen and Grandma at Disneyland...best week ever! |
No comments:
Post a Comment