Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This last month...

Time really flies!  First, let's start with my birthday :)  I turned 41 this year (yay!).  I have amazing friends here and was SO touched that they would want to surprise me for my birthday.  I had planned on going to lunch with Brittney (not shown in the pictures because she was the one taking the pictures!) the day before my birthday and so I worked that morning and then went to lunch with her.  Just before I left work, my boss, Tamra, sprinted out the door (which she does often) and I didn't think anything of it.  Anyway, we went to Celebrations (one of my favorite places) and I walk in and there were about 10 of my friends that came to celebrate my birthday with me.  I was so surprised and didn't expect it at all.  Scott told me later, that my friend, Rinda, had been planning it for a month.  I was so excited because I got a couple Willow figurines and some hand soap and a lot of my favorite candy/chocolate.  It was such a good time.



Then the next week, Scott was AMAZING because he and Dallen collected (pulled out and removed) t-posts and fencing and then came to our house and installed it all so that we could get the horse over on our property since she was still at our neighbor's house (3 weeks longer than we thought she'd be).  We were able to install 650 ft of fencing for $10.  What a blessing!!!  If people don't believe in tithing, then they need to come talk to us!  We are living proof that it works and never in ways that you would imagine.  We just kept praying that there would be a way for us to come up with the money to provide a fence for the horse and then Scott's boss was getting rid of all his fencing, but didn't want to pull it because it wasn't worth the trouble, but we were motivated.  It is so awesome!  
Our friend came with his tractor after being at his kid's soccer games and dug holes for the corner posts and moved them around for us.  It would have taken Scott SO long to do and it was such a blessing.  He then moved a whole truck load of gravel that we found on the property, which was also a huge blessing because we needed to protect the asphalt driveway.  So, Scott did most of it and Dallen and I helped for about 1/3 of the fencing.  You can kinda see the fencing here with Dallen and Shauna.  She is liking her new home :)

Speaking of tithing working...Dallen needed glasses and so we called the insurance to see where to take him.  The closest place was Flagstaff!  By the time we paid for gas and everything, we would have paid the same amount as just taking him to Wal-mart in Show Low.  I was discouraged and just decided that we would need to just sacrifice something in order to get it done.  We have an optometrist in our ward and Scott was by his office in Pinetop.  He just wanted to see what they charged because half the ward goes to them.  His wife said "I would love to trade Amy's bread for Dallen's glasses"...what?!?!  Heck yah!!!  So, that is what we are doing.  It seems like a lot of bread, but considering I make it weekly anyway and they only want a couple loaves a week (they like it fresh), it will take less than a year and I am fine with that and she is super happy!  What a blessing!!!  So, Dallen is wearing contacts now and so happy he can see.  He has glasses, but NONE of his friends will wear them and so he won't.  But, that's okay...at least we have them just in case!

 Then, it was Calvin's birthday.  He turned 18!!!  He decided that he wanted to go to a Phoenix Suns vs the Oklahoma City Thunder pre-season game in Phoenix. One of his favorite players is on the Thunder and he wanted to see them.  I will have to get pictures from him with that.  So, he got his birthday money early and bought the tickets and was so excited.  He and two of his friends were having a long weekend in the Valley for his birthday (it was Fall Break).  So, the morning of his birthday, we got up and had a birthday breakfast and sent him on his way...He went shopping and saw family while he was there.  He had a really good time.  It will be a birthday he will NEVER forget.



 Then came our next project.  I had seen on Pinterest (Scott's favorite words!) a barn made from pallets.  Pallets are everywhere around here and people and businesses are always giving them away...so Scott was, again, AWESOME and rounded some up so that we could build a barn for Dallen's saddle and tack and then a place for Shauna to go if the weather was too bad (which this year is supposed to be bad and I REALLY spoil our animals...I just can't help it!).  So, the smaller picture is the pile (that was only 1/2 of what was gathered!), then next picture is 1/2 built by lunch time.  The chickens were even liking the new place!  We had the cats, dogs, chickens and horse hanging out with us while we were working.  It was pretty entertaining!.  By dinner, we were done for the day.  We still need to put up siding and paint it, but that will have to wait until this next weekend or so.  I will post pictures of the finished product.  I then found out that it is a little bigger than what is allowed (we built 13 x 10 and we are allowed 10 x 10).  So, we will need to go talk to the County about having it there and how we didn't realize it needed a permit.  Hopefully they will be understanding?!?  Mostly we have to do that if they neighbor makes a complaint and then it is backed by having already filed it with the county.

Below are pictures into our funny life.  At least we think it's funny!  This is what was going on while we were building the barn.

Chickens letting us hold them






Collecting eggs :)



This is for Alec...this is his chicken

This is for Alec, too...don't you just miss this face?!?
Cats and chickens hanging out together

Happiest dog on earth :)

Here the happiest dog is with his new best friend (whether she likes it or not!)



the horse, chicken, and dog all sharing alfalfa pellets (weird dog!) 

Ashton and Dallen...just starting
  Yesterday we carved pumpkins.  Scott did a tribute to Pinterest considering he had learned some new tricks from Pinterest on how to carve a pumpkin and then also all the projects I have him doing from the site.  He really gets worried when I say "I saw this cool thing on Pinterest", but it can't be all bad because he still does them for me :).  Dallen did a headless horseman and then funny thing is that when he was printing off the picture, he asked Ashton "Where's his head?", not realizing that he was doing the "HEAD LESS" horseman.  We had a good laugh.  Calvin did his favorite band's album cover and Ashton messed up on his and decided to destroy the pumpkin.  


this is what Scott learned from Pinterest


Pinterest logo :)

Ashton and Calvin

Dallen

Dallen's pumpkin (headless horseman)

Calvin's pumpkin (Common Courtesy - from A Day to Remember)


I think that catches us all up.  Storms are starting to blow in and winter is getting closer.  As you can see, we are doing well and keeping our heads above water :)





1 comment:

Mike and Debbie said...

So happy you had a great bday! You out of all people deserved to be spoiled rotten!! So great! I love the barn! hopefully all goes well with the permits. And dallins pumpkin is so intricate! I can barely pull off a silly faced one!