Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun!

Holy Cow! It's been almost 2 months since I have written! Things have been busy. Here are just the highlights...


* Alec turned 16 and Scott turned 39. Alec has no desire to get his license because he told us, basically, that he doesn't want to have to get a job and if he gets his license he will have to pay for insurance and the only way to do that is to have a job. I told him that he is going to have to find one anyway whether he has a license or not! Still no job, though...


* Derrek turned 17. I think it was the happiest birthday Derrek has ever had. Really! He was just happy all day and it was even Fast Sunday on his birthday. We spent it with family and that does always make him happy. Scott even got to come :)


* I got to go play in Phoenix with Scott's sisters. We made a blanket out of Scott's mom's clothes to have and snuggle with, especially when we miss her. Scott said that he isn't quite ready for it (it was coming on the anniversary of her birthday) and so we have put it away in a safe place until he is ready and needs it.


* My sister Jenette got engaged and two days ago got married! We love Craig and are so happy to have him in our family. I think we got the better end of the deal. Hopefully he won't wonder too much what he married into!


* Derrek no longer has a job, and neither does Scott, for that matter. The McDonalds that Derrek worked at is being rebuilt, so they tore it down and now they are in the process of building a new one. They should be done by February and Derrek said that if he hasn't found a job by then, he will just reapply to McDonalds. Scott, this last week, has said good-bye to Sunwest Development. Lots has happened and we have just realized that it is time to move on. We are a little sad that we won't be able to have any cushion to help us in our next endevors, but what do you do? Well, we choose to rely on the Lord, because he can do more for us in one minute than we can do for ourselves in a lifetime. We know this will be hard, and frankly I don't like these trials, but I do like who I am after I go through them. I will continue to work at Sunwest until the Beehive home they are building is done. I have applied to another job and will continue looking to see if I can do my part. My family comes first, though, and the Lord knows that I would rather be poor than to sacrifice my family for a little bit of income. I know it will all work out...just interested in seeing how!


* Calvin turned 15 this past week. All he wanted for his birthday was to take his drivers permit test. He almost passed (missing it by 2 questions!) without ever studying. He now has the book and will soon retake and I am sure he will pass it. He is very eagar to drive! I wish Alec had an ounce of that, but maybe it's better this way. He'll really treasure it when he really wants it.


* We have another boy! Well, we have "adopted" Jose Osario. He is 18 and a senior in high school. He is in our ward and his family was moving to Mexico and he didn't want to go. He wanted to stay here and be with his ward family and finish high school. He just joined the church about a year ago and wanted to learn all he could from the ward family he has been in. He has been such a great blessing to us. He is really sweet and wants to always do what it right. It is fun because Dallen speaks spanish to him all the time and Jose gets along great with all the boys.


* I got to go to Time Out For Women in Phoenix with Scott's sisters and a couple of our sister-in-laws. It was really fun and the theme was "Infinite Hope" and little did I know that the next Monday after I got home was when Scott would lose his job and I realized that i had to have infinite hope in order to make it through this trial.


* Derrek was inducted into National Honor's Society.


* Scott got in a car wreck and only had a bump on his head. On that same day, two boys at the kid's high school were struck by lightning. Alec and Derrek, along with our backyard neighbor, Ashley who drives Derrek and Alec home, all saw it happen and were the first responders to the scene. Derrek ran inside to get help and Alec and Ashley ran up to the boys that were struck. Ashley started CPR because the teachers didn't know it and she said "I just remembered how to do it". I am pretty sure all those YW activities that taught it for girls' camp came in handy! Anyway, Alec and Ashley helped carry one of the boys into the band room where the paramedics were going to work on the boys. It was scary because that boy didn't have a pulse at the time, but now both boys are up and walking around. One is back at school already and the other is still in the hospital, but doing good. It was a really weird day.


* Calvin popped his toe-nail off and that was gross! He kept saying "I can't believe I got hurt hopping on dad's car when I was just at my friend's house going down a hill in an office chair and my friend was behind me on his skateboard". Nice, huh?


Well, that is all I can remember!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I'm sorry to hear about Scott's job, it's so scary to be unemployed. We've had a really rough Fall, but you know, we are always taken care of. Stay strong, hopefully this is just a blessing in disguise.

I'm glad you posted, I love hearing about what your boys do. It gets me properly scared for when Spencer gets older :oD Spencer is fearless, I'm so afraid!

We will keep you in our prayers, that Scott can find something wonderful, and quickly!

Dianna said...

Wow, it's been so many years. Your boys sure have grown up. It's nice to be able to catch up with blogs:)

Anonymous said...

whew....that made me tired! ;) You are in my prayers. And I love that I know you well enough to read between the lines and know what you are up to! Love you girly girl!!!!