Well, we have had some fun activities...
We carved pumpkins for Family Night with my side of th
e family. It was fun and we came with six pumpkins and left with three. The other three got mangl
ed and therefore weren't worthy of setting out on the porch (according to the boys!).
e family. It was fun and we came with six pumpkins and left with three. The other three got mangl
ed and therefore weren't worthy of setting out on the porch (according to the boys!). 
Dallen and Ashton went trick-or-treating. It is Ashton's last year. He went all out as Michael Jackson.
He even learned how to moon-walk! Dallen wasn't too excited to go, so maybe it is his last year, too?!? I wish I had the energy to do a Halloween party for the kids or something like that, but I don't think that is possible. 
He even learned how to moon-walk! Dallen wasn't too excited to go, so maybe it is his last year, too?!? I wish I had the energy to do a Halloween party for the kids or something like that, but I don't think that is possible. 
We finished up things with Jenette and Craig's wedding. They had their last reception in St. George last weekend. It was really nice. 



My Grandma Gilgen (my mom's mom) turned 90 on October 30th. I still have to get the picture from my dad of my little family with her. We love her to pieces. My boys were over at her place yesterday watching the BYU football game with her and talking. I am so glad they get these moments with their GREAT GRANDMA! How many people can say they knew their Great grandparents? My kids still have 4 that are living! It's incredible and amazing to me that they get to have these memories with them.
Still no job, but we have been able to see the Lord's hand in our life. Just this week, our small car had the engine light turn on. I thought "just what we need". So, Scott took it into the shop to see what was going on and when they tried to diagnose it, the light went back off and it has been fine ever since. Also, Scott wasn't able to get his transcripts from the last school he attended because of
some fine or fees that weren't paid (this was about 16 years ago!). So, he called the school and the guy he talked to couldn't figure out what they were for and removed them from his account and so he was able to get his official transcripts. I know these things are little, but they would have cost us money that I feel we don't have right now, and I really feel that these things were taken care of by the Lord. It's the only thing that makes sense! I like trying to see every day how He has been there. It helps me on those dark days where I just feel I can't do this again. But, even then He is there showing me the good in the situation and helping me to find peace and comfort.
some fine or fees that weren't paid (this was about 16 years ago!). So, he called the school and the guy he talked to couldn't figure out what they were for and removed them from his account and so he was able to get his official transcripts. I know these things are little, but they would have cost us money that I feel we don't have right now, and I really feel that these things were taken care of by the Lord. It's the only thing that makes sense! I like trying to see every day how He has been there. It helps me on those dark days where I just feel I can't do this again. But, even then He is there showing me the good in the situation and helping me to find peace and comfort. Derrek was asked to Sadie Hawkins this last week (and he still hasn't replied!). He doesn't realize what he is putting the girl through! He said "she knows I'm going with her". Anyway, we have a little teaching to do! He has also been making graphic t-shirts (in a good way :) for everyone...I think he has been getting orders! He told me that his next one will be to make one that says "Cancer Sucks" for his Aunt Heidi so she can wear in on the days she has radiation. He is happy to make others happy :). This is a picture of him showing
off the one he made for himself, and since then he has made a vinyl exactly like it and put it on the small car.
off the one he made for himself, and since then he has made a vinyl exactly like it and put it on the small car.We have been working on talking nice to each other, lately. There was a period of 24 hours where we were told that the boys were not nice and made someone feel bad and then another father told us that one of our sons was saying mean things and now his son doesn't want to come to church and then Ashton was bawling saying that he feels that his brothers hate him and wish he had never been born (of course, that could have been attributed to 12-year-old hormones!). So, now when we are caught in a "not-so-nice" comment that tears down and doesn't lift that person, then we have to do something nice for that person. It's become a little joke that we have to go "fluff their pillow", but they get the point and we have all become a little more aware of what we say. Some days are better than others, and the boys have realized that they need to watch what they say. It is still a work in process!

2 comments:
I like the "fluff the pillow" idea. We had a little incident a month or so ago where the little girls bullied Cami pretty bad; so after threatening them that I would throw away every toy they owned and cancel Christmas if it ever happened again!!! ... we also instituted a bean jar where we'll put beans in every time we see them nice to each other. When it's full we go to Chuck E. Cheese (or other fun things). It's been working well here. I'm sure that 24 hours was a tough one for you guys! I couldn't believe how mad I got when I heard what had happened within our own household. :oS
Um....we'll take a cancer sucks!!!! I might have to get 6!!! Tell me how much! We may not have it...but we live with the fall out...which SUCKS!!!! I've so been thinking about you! I should have called! I hope your doing well! Love ya!
Post a Comment