Well, lots has gone on...so where to start...
DERREK
We'll start with Derrek! He has had some fun times these last few weeks. First of all, he fractured his foot playing football in PE class at school. He has to wear a boot for like six weeks or so for it to heal. It hasn't been fun.
He also had his Senior Pictures taken (by my dad...his grandpa...Thanks, dad!). Here they are...he's so handsome (and silly!).
Then, thanks to Facebook, I saw that he went to the Yellowcard concert with Hayley (she bought him a ticket for his birthday).
And, then...again, thanks to Facebook, I saw that he went to Pineview High's Sadie's with Lexi Schofeld (sp?). They are a little item, according to Derrek. Here are pics I got from that...I haven't talked to him yet today, so all I have is the pics. I need to find out what all the pictures mean. Anyway, it looks like they had fun.
I think that is about all for Derrek! We get to see him in a few weeks and we are all really excited. He still hasn't seen where we have moved to, or met any people that we have met. Our ward keeps asking us when they are going to get to meet him! We love our ward. They are great.
Scott is doing great with school. He has been recommened for a scholarship by his teachers because he has a 4.0!!!! About another month and then he is done with this semester and then he just has one more. I seriously can't believe how all this is working out. I can't say it has been to our doing, either. There have been amazing miracles this whole time. There are days, however, that I would be more than happy for this trial to ease up! It's mostly financially...it's definitely in the Lord's hands. We are doing all we can and He has been watching out for us. It's all good.
Alec, Calvin, and Ashton have been doing a dodgeball tournament with the Stake down here. I personally can't believe that they have the Deacons in with these older boys! Those poor Deacons are just targets! Alec said there is one team that is all Teachers and Priests (14-18) and they have no mercy. Ahhh...I love teen age boys! Anyway, they have been having fun with that. They are freaking out, though, because their Priest/High Adventure group is planning a backpacking/hiking trip to the Grand Canyon. It will be four days and they are going rim to rim and back. It is a grouling hike and Alec and Calvin are freaking out. So, we have taken the Xbox away (their grades have been slipping), and hopefully they will want to get out a little more. Scott and I have talked about doing family hikes like we used to, in order to help them prepare for this.
We had a fun Halloween. It is really strange having older kids. Our neighborhood got together with a pot luck. It was fun and there were a lot of people. The problem with being in a new ward is that we were struggling to know people's names/faces and then they put a costume on, and it all goes out the window! It was fun, though. After, we let Dallen and Ashton case the neighborhood and Alec and Calvin went to hang out over at the Hooper's house to give out candy and play Xbox. Scott and I went home and handed out candy and watch a movie...no kids. It was weird. Here is a couple pictures of Ashton (Michael Jackson) and Dallen (something scary) and I had to show Ashton categorizing his loot...


We were too late to get tickets for Friday's presentations, but it was Heidi's birthday, and so we decided to go ahead and get a hotel and have a girls' night and then do TOFW the next day. We went and had mexican food (my favorite) and then we all forgot our pajamas, and so we went to Ross/Target to find some. It was fun. The next day was great and full of uplifting speakers and the theme this year was "Become who you are meant to become". For me, it is something that I have really been working on this past year. Most of the speakers, to me, just validated that I have been doing things right and that this journey is beautiful, and it has been for me. It's been hard, but I love who I am because of my journey. I have learned my strengths and try not to focus on my weaknesses, only to improve myself. Anyway, lots of great talks and music. We got pictures with Hilary Weeks, one of our favorites,
and then I wanted a picture with Shawni and Linda Eyre because Dallen's best friend in St. George is their nephew/grandson (Ashton Loosli).
Anyway, it was fun. Then I ran into someone that was in my ward when we lived in Laveen. We were only there for 4 months and I kept looking at her and wondering how I knew her. Then, at the end, I had to ask. It was fun catching up with her. She has 5 girls! I told her I was glad someone was able to take on the "girl" side of things, while I cover the "boy" side.

1 comment:
Ask Dad about the rim to rim the Southgate 2nd Ward youth did...I'm with your boys. I'd be freaking out!! You all sound good - so proud of Scott for doing so well as he plows on through:) Love having Derrek on Sunday nights...hope to come see you someday soon...who knows but we are trying:) Love you guys
Post a Comment