Thursday, October 27, 2011

Peach-faced Lovebirds (not just me and Scott!)

I just have to blog about this. I am not normally a bird person, but I am in love with these birds. They are called (as I found out), Peach-Faced Lovebirds. The first time I saw them, Scott and I were exercising and two of them flew past us and landed on the fence beside us. I thought someone had lost their parakeets or something (every bird is a parakeet to me!). Anyway, then one day, I was in my back yard and heard all this bird chattering. It was actually driving Shep nuts. He was under the tree doing his bird-barking bark. I swear we live in a bird sanctuary! Anyway, I look up and it is a tree full of these birds and the fun thing is that they would sit by each other on the branches in pairs and fly around in pairs. They can talk up a storm, let me just tell you. They are really fun to watch. Our tree in our back yard is home to many birds in the morning. Scott and I can hear where our house is because the birds are so loud coming out of our tree, that we can hear them on our way back to our house from exercising in the morning. I need to record it so that you can know what I am saying! This happens at dawn and dusk every day (the bird chatter, not the exercising!). So, most afternoons, right before I start getting things ready for dinner, you'll find me out back in a chair just watching these birds and hearing their happy, fun chatter. I never thought I would be one of those people :).

No comments: