The kids are settling in better and now know what things are like around here and know what is expected of them in school. Alec, Calvin, by the way, passed their math classes!!! Now they just have to pass one more semester and the year is over! Scott will be graduating and thing will start moving onward and upward with work. We have been so blessed in this whole adventure. I look around and wonder what trials others are going through. Especially when I hear stories from Scott of how someone passed away and the things that those, who are left behind, get to struggle with. It's just incredible to me. Then I think about how many times I have turned to my Savior in prayer...I cannot begin to describe the comfort and peace that is found. The problem isn't gone, sometimes, but there is a peace and a new feeling of "I can get through this". Those who have gone through this, know what I'm talking about. For the others, I pray that you are able to find it. I have learned A LOT about myself this last year. Scott swears that this last year's trials were more for me than anyone else. All my worst fears and nightmares were happening. I had forgiveness I needed to give to Scott and others that I wasn't sure I was able to do. I haven't completed that, but I am close. I realize, though, that it is me, not them, and I am grateful for that knowledge. So, I look forward to this new year and all the things it has in store for us...the good and the bad.
This last week was fun. Wednesday night we went to see the Temple lights (again) and to eat pizza at this place called "Organ Stop Pizza". It is hard to describe, but lets just say you weren't there for the pizza. It is right here in Mesa! Who knew? Anyway, here are some pictures from that little evening. We went with the Bennions, Bowlers, and Reeses. It was fun. We had hot chocolate and marshmallows after walking around the temple grounds. It was perfect.
It was Ashton's turn to pick how we spent our "St. George" money. He wanted to go to "Golfland/Sunsplash". Thanks to coupons...this was possible! During the winter the Sunsplash part is closed. We went go-carting, laser tagging, miniature golfing, and bumper boating! We had a nice day together. Dallen and Ashton, I think, spent the majority of their time at the go-carts. Dallen was so excited that he was finally tall enough to ride them himself. It was very exciting! It was interesting to watch their personalities come out on the track. Calvin liked to drift the cart, Dallen and Ashton were just glad to be with the big boys, and Alec would just hang back and not get in the "competition" that seemed to be going on at times with the other males on the track.
Then a few days later, it was Dallen's turn. He couldn't think of anything to do. "All the good stuff was taken"...so he claimed. He wanted to do the zoo, but it was just too much. Then I remembered that the outlet mall down here had an aquarium. So...with coupons, again, it was possible. It was still a little pricey for what we got, but being out of the house and doing something together is worth it to me. I just love looking at fish. The creatures God has created are so interesting to me. I can just sit and enjoy them for hours! After that, since it was an outlet mall and while we were at the aquarium, I noticed that Calvin's toes were coming out of the top of his shoes...so I said, "while we're here...let's get you some shoes". We found some...size 14 for $25! Can't beat that! Then we treated ourselves to "Bahama Bucks" shaved ice on our way home.
Heidi was still not feeling well and so I got to hang out with her. I took the boys up to her house on Wednesday. She was SO jaundice. She was craving Cafe Rio, and since I live closer to it than she does and I had nothing to do that day, I went and got us lunch and headed up to her house. Alec had fun playing "Dance Dance" and hanging out with Emily and Charity. Dallen had fun with Jeremy, and Ashton did too. The Heidi got a call from the Doctor and he told her she needed to get back to the hospital. Her levels were worse than the last week. So, filled up on Cafe Rio, she went back in. It was crazy. They found gall stones, finally, in her bile duct of her pancreas (I think that's where they were). Anyway, after they got them out, I went and saw her on Saturday, and she looked so much better. Still a little jaundice, but back to herself. I was just praying the whole time that the doctors would see what was going on...and prayers were answered. She got to come home today. I realized that I just need to absorb every moment for the good that it is. The bad will come and that is fine, but I want my bucket full of good things so that when the bad does come it won't overwhelm me. I have never had such a desire to truly enjoy every day.
One last thing...I love my calling at church! I love teaching primary kids songs about Jesus Christ, faith, the Holy Ghost, scriptures, and everything else the Gospel teaches. I love the fun that we have. My pianist, today, said "I just love coming away from primary where my cheeks hurt from smiling the whole time". We had fun today. I forget how excited the little three-year-olds get when we do a game (We were hunting for "Wiggle Weebles"!). It is SO cute and fun. I seriously am giggling and laughing quite a bit. I could be having the worst day, and then I start preparing for what I am going to teach on Sunday or what activities we are doing and it makes my day. Then to get there are play games and sing songs about Christ is so therapeutic! Their sweet spirits and desire to learn and do what is right, it is so infectious. I just love it.
Well, I hope this new year is a hopeful for you as we feel it is for us!

1 comment:
It sounds like the "st. George money" was well spent! Glad you guys made some fun memories...still missed seeing you though! I agree with you 100%...primary chorister is the best! I often times will feel the Spirit so strong while teaching a song about Christ and then hearing the children sing it. There's such a wonderful and innocent spirit in Primary! Love you, Amy!
Post a Comment