This week was good. We started it off with taking down Christmas and then we did our last "instead-of-St. George" activity, which was bowling (Calvin picked it). When we put up Christmas, we blast the house with Christmas music and enjoy going through all our decorations that we haven't seen in a year and, especially in a new house, we like trying to find where to put things. Then as we were taking down Christmas, this year we decided to blast non-Christmas music and take everything down. It was fun and I love that music has such an effect on people. We were all in a good mood! Then we went bowling. They had a deal at the bowling alley and so we got to play for 2 hours...well it ended up longer because they had to switch us lanes and gave us more time. So, we got in 3 games. You wouldn't think that was very much, but by the middle of the 3rd game, I thought my arm was going to come off! It's funny because Calvin is the one that wanted to do this activity the most and he had the worst time bowling...hit more gutter balls that not. Here is a picture of what he resorted to in one of the games. He borrowed it from our neighbors at the alley and they were little kids!

It was funny. He did pretty good with it. Tuesday was our last day of vacation and Alec and Calvin just wanted to stay home and soak in the Xbox...boring! Actually, that isn't all they did. They were awesome and called the people they take the Sacrament to and asked if they could come and take down their Christmas decorations for them. They went and did that and I love how happy them come back when they go and do things for others. So, Dallen, Ashton, and I went to play with cousins. Ashton got to go with Zac and his friend to "Jumpstreet". He loved it. Dallen got to play with Jeremy (hang out...sorry...it's not "play" anymore!).
Then Wednesday came...
It was a hard day for Alec and Calvin, mostly. It was a reminder that they were still at Red Mountain High and that they still didn't have close friends. Calvin told me that when we lived in St. George, he really liked school because he could go hang out and see his friends. It's hard to allow time to take it's course. I am pretty sure it's hard because he remembers how long it took him to find the friends he had/has there. I just keep praying that someone will be brave and start inviting him into their "circle" and see that he is great to have around.
Thursday night, all day Friday, and Saturday morning, I was pretty much worthless! I did make dinner, though, and by Saturday afternoon was caught up on laundry and the important stuff, so that gets rid of any guilt that I had sitting down and reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I liked the books, personally. I call them "bubble-gum" books. They are books that are entertaining and I can read them fast. So, that's what I do...I just sit and get it over with. I am a person that gets into books and it's hard for me to come up out of them and so I don't read very often. So, the boys had been telling me that I "have" to read these books, and I told them that they know what that means...they won't see me for a couple of days. They said they were fine with that. They were just excited to have another thing to talk about with me. Alec is reading them again and it's fun to talk with him about it. He really liked the books.
Scott has been SUPER busy at work. I hate mentioning that because it only means that people are dying. It just sounds wrong, but then again, it's life. We are grateful that he has work. He found a Chiropractor this week, and so he can now make it through the work load...and he's cheap and good!
My friend at church stopped me and told me that the boys were the talk of Relief Society today and how much they have done for others. She said that there were about five or six ladies that just were chattering about our family. I didn't know half of the examples that she was telling me about, and the teacher was one of those people and I barely know her. I am glad she told me. It was great to hear the good that they do away from us. They are really good boys and I am glad others see that in them as well.
We are officially back to normal. Holidays are over. I am so grateful that we were able to make the few memories that we were able to. It's been fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment