It was the Primary Program today and we are DONE with it for the year!!! The reason I am so excited is because I play the piano and this years program had 12 songs!!! That is a lot of songs for a program. Usually they have about 8 or 9. It went really well and Scott said that he heard no mistakes...I fooled him!!! I just kept doing what my grandpa always said and that is if you mess up, keep going...so that's what I did. I liked how they wrote the Program this year because if a child didn't show up, then it didn't matter to the script, but if they did, then it added to the script. I have been in some where the teachers would read the parts of the children missing and it is kind of distracting. Anyway, it was good this year. We were laughing because every Primary Program there is something that a child does that is so innocent, but so funny and this year a little girl was telling the story of Jesus being baptized (quoting the scriptures) and the adult leader was helping her by whispering the lines to her. So the girl said that after Jesus was baptized "he went straightway out of the water and the Spirit descended on him in the form of a
duck"!!! It was so funny. She was so embarrassed because she was really trying hard to say what the leader was saying, but dove and duck are too close when you are whispering! It was funny. After the meeting, I got to go into Primary and they decided to have a sing-time day!!! It's not as exciting as it sounds because I had no idea what songs we were singing and that was fun...(not so much), but the chorister was fun and for some reason on a couple of the songs I did fine until the last note and for some reason I couldn't get the last note, so she would have the kids hold the note until I found it. It was fun and made me laugh (by then, I was so tired I didn't care!). I do love the Primary songs, though, and I really am not complaining...I'm just glad the stress of performing is over. I have always had stage-fright and was able to keep my eyes off the audience today, so I think that helped (plus several prayers before!). On to next year's songs!
 |
| this is the puppy...named "Trouble" |
 |
| This is Sally, who comes to visit... |
This week we were able to babysit a puppy. The boys have been wanting another dog and we keep telling them that it just isn't smart, especially because we are hoping to end that phase of dog raising when the kids all leave (Shep will be 12 or so, and I know Angel will be gone by then). Anyway, it was fun to babysit this puppy, especially seeing Angel pounce around chasing it and playing with it like she was a puppy, too...but she's 12! Dallen went with the family of the puppy on a camping trip and boating trip. He got to go tubing and kneeboarding and catch crawdads and got really muddy...it was a perfect trip! The water was even warm! This family lives two doors down and have 4 boys and 1 girl. The neighborhood will never be the same. The funny thing is that they have another dog, Sally - a boxer, who will walk into our house and camp out with our dogs, eat their food, and just hang out if the door is open. It's pretty funny. The other day, I realized that Dallen does the same thing to their family! He walks in, camps out, eats their food, especially if their door is open! So, I thanked her for letting Dallen come over and she thanked me for letting Sally come over! I think it's funny. Anyway, when Dallen came home from camping, and this is what happened...

They were zonked out by 6:30 pm, for the night...there was no moving them, either. Angel was so exhausted from playing with the puppy and Dallen was so exhausted from boating. I think they missed each other, too.
Ashton and I got to go on a day date yesterday. It was just Dallen and Ashton home. Alec and Calvin drove down to Phoenix to visit their Aunt Heidi and cousins and attend the mission farewell of Jonathan Hooper...the first friends the boys made in Mesa and is a true blessing in their lives. He will be serving in the New York, New York mission. Did you know that mission included Bermuda? I had no idea. Anyway, back to Dallen and Ashton. So, Ashton asked if I would like to go to the movie with him...just the two of us. I said, "of course" and then I told Scott that it would be just him and Dallen home and so they decided to go horse-back riding (Scott's boss has 4 horses and is always telling us to help ride them because they need the exercise). Scott and Dallen went riding and Ashton and I went and saw "Hotel Transylvania". It was a really fun/cute movie. We had a good time. We'll have to do it again.
Scott and I, then, got invited to go to a fundraiser for the Heritage club which helps restore old buildings and history of the area. We were invited by the Click family. Brad and Craig Click are in our ward and Brad invited us to come. We really like being around them. They are really funny and witty. Their wives are really nice and according to their husbands are "too serious", but they are just as fun. We met some really nice people and had a great time getting to know the Clicks better. It was kind of an initiation into the community :). We are all for that! Anyway, the program was a celebration of Arizona and the area and it was fun to learn some new things.
Everything else is going good. We have "trunk or treat" this year at someone's house...usually you have it at the church building, but because everyone has so much property around here, we are able to do it at someone's house! It should be fun. I always like playing a game in the back of our car for the kids to "earn" their treat. I'm not huge on decorating, but big on games...gotta go with my strengths! We'll post pictures next week.
4 comments:
We just had our primary program today too! I had to play the piano too! I totally fake the mess-ups and hope they aren't too bad! Way to go, Amy! My primary songbook has all kinds of markings where I've marked all the sharps and flats on a lot of the songs so I can play them on a whim when they need me to! ha ha! Whatever it takes! I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving! It'll be fun! Love ya!
SO glad all the money, pain, misery, gas for the van, sack dinners for the trips to Tulsa paid off...Amy and Julianne! So proud of you both. Amy - sounds like you have great neighbors and country life. So happy for you and love hearing all the fun family stuff going on. Love and miss y'all!
Amy ... it is so great to read about you're "adventures" ... we are so excited to come down for turkey day. Thanks for keeping Derrek's blog updated with his letters. It is fun to see him being molded into a missionary "full time". We love you guys and we'll talk to you later.
Are you sure that's not a boxer? It looks a lot like Bindi's structure....and that's totally something a boxer would do, and then look at you like "what, we're friends right?!" SOOOO hilarious! Congrats on the done. Our ward likes to do it the end of Sept...so yea us right?! (I'm secretary)
Post a Comment